My new Custom made Audio Cassettes for G1 Soundwave

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

whodagoose
Noob

My new Custom made Audio Cassettes for G1 Soundwave

Post by whodagoose »

Hey,
I just finished work on casting my second set of custom cassettes for Soundwave, these are the pics from my deviantArt profile (whodagoose):

(large photos, click to see image full size!)

I hope you like what I did, it takes a great amount of effort to design, sculpt, mold, cast, and assemble working transformer toys by hand.

I do have this pair up for sale if anybody is interested, my ebay seller ID is "tzardz" or you could search for "Transformer Custom Cassette" on ebay. the auctions also have videos of both toys being transformed.

If you like my designs, feel free to check out my website and dA gallery, I have all sorts of other art/kitbash/customs/animation. Hope you enjoy!

-Goose
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

First off I'd like to welcome you to TFL!
Second, those are some really cool looking custom figures! Great job! :D
What did you use to mold the parts?
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Nice!
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Welcome to the forums. Hope ya stick around.

Those cassettes are awesome. How long did these two take you?
whodagoose
Noob

Post by whodagoose »

Hey everybody! Thanks for the replies :)

@Countdown - These took a while to cast, I revisited the molds a little bit before August. I spent about three weeks working on them in Aug before I injured my back and was out cold for the rest of the month. A couple days in Sept to finish what was left. So... around 5 weeks of work with this batch.

It should be quicker for me to make more, I know what I'm doing with the molds and I made modifications/corrections to them so they cast easier. (The molds were made 6 years ago! I've learned a lot about molding and casting since then)

@Minerva - The parts are made with Smooth-Cast 300 A+B mixing plastic and tinted base colors while mixing. The joints are held with plastic rods on the Raptor and Brass rods on the Sea Turtle.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Okay, thanks for the info!
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Nice job!
PETER IS GOD!Image