thread for mercenaries (i'm looking at you, tfshadowcons)

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Rhymus
City Commander

thread for mercenaries (i'm looking at you, tfshadowcons)

Post by Rhymus »

We have some talented artists on this forum. i think we should have a thread for them to answer the following questions:

Who here draws TF (or other) artwork?

Who here paints TF (or other) artwork?

Who here creates digital images (renders, i think they're called) of TF (or other) artwork?

Who here custom paints TF (or other) figures?

Who here kitbashes TF (or other) figures?

Who here builds entirely new TF (or other) figures from scratch?

Who here creates other TF (or other) artwork? like tfshadowcons wood burnings, or Silverbolt's YouTube stuff, or the video game ismellicecream was planning to do.

All of the above questions have been at least partially answered, and even sticky'd in the Fan Art Database and the Customs database. But i think this thread should answer some unanswered questions:

Who here takes requests? (That is, who will make fanart for others for free?)

Who here accepts commissions? (Who will make fanart for others for a price?)

What are the rates of those who accept commissions? (Maybe a drawing will cost you $10, a repaint will cost you a MISB Masterpiece TF, a kitbash will cost you your firstborn child, and a built-from-scratch original figure will cost you your immortal soul + 5 Robot points.)

If this thread is not entirely redundant, i do think that anybody making a request should do so in a separate thread (or visit the artist's "shop", such as tfshadowcons's Anyone need a sig?? thread) or via private message, so it's easier to sort the "mercenaries" from anyone trying to enlist their services.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

I am an all over artist and have done almost all of that except kitbashes. I do take requests so if are looking for something special just ask. I will be putting up alot of my other work too :)
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I actually plan on doing some Transformers art very soon. Poster sizes all the way up to wall murals. I like to consider myself a decent enough artist and look forward to the challenge. And customs (transformers) is something I plan on doing sometime in the future as well....and yes...."repaints" along with "epoxy sculpting" will fall under that category too as sanding them down and "tweaking" or building component parts from scratch will be part of the process.
Last edited by Roadbuster on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

my last attempt at a custom ( g1 op into nemesis prime ) looked like a turd on legs so i dont plan on doing anything in th efuture :lol:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Re: thread for mercenaries (i'm looking at you, tfshadowcons

Post by Time Traveller »

STARS Commando 539 wrote:, and a built-from-scratch original figure will cost you your immortal soul + 5 Robot points.)
LOL!
I think that's actually the going rate for a FrenzyRumble custom right now.
Rhymus
City Commander

Re: thread for mercenaries (i'm looking at you, tfshadowcons

Post by Rhymus »

Time Traveller wrote:
STARS Commando 539 wrote:, and a built-from-scratch original figure will cost you your immortal soul + 5 Robot points.)
LOL!
I think that's actually the going rate for a FrenzyRumble custom right now.
Slag it, all i have are the Robot Points! ;-)

My computer has some trouble with that website--or more likely my Internet connection is too slow. But what i've seen has impressed me. i didn't realize they sold customs there, though--i thought it was just a showcase where artists could show off their work (without ever intending to sell it).
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

He actually takes commissions and often his projects appear on Ebay and they usually go for a hefty price.
Blaster
Targetmaster

Post by Blaster »

I am very good with solid modeling software and have a copy of solidworks on my computers. I haven't attempted to draw/design a transformer yet but I think I could do it. I would assume its what they actually use to design the Toys. I'm willing to try anything if someone wants it.
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Well, I have access to Photoshop at school...(and since dad's a tech monkey for the district and has access to that sort of stuff, I could probably get CS5 on my home computer for free...)

I might try making banners or avatars if my skills are adequate. Might.