photo suggestion/request: G1 Rumble/Frenzy with pile drivers

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Rhymus
City Commander

photo suggestion/request: G1 Rumble/Frenzy with pile drivers

Post by Rhymus »

If you take a G1 Rumble/Frenzy toy and fold the forearms back (so the forearms are behind the upper arms, and the fingertips are touching the back of the robot's shoulders) and stand G1 Soundwave's "batteries" next to Rumble/Frenzy, can you approximate the G1 cartoon appearance of Rumble/Frenzy with his arms in pile driver mode?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I'm not too sure on that. But here's a kit you can buy that's not too pricey and will give you a much better effect. :wink:

http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1356/
http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1355/
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Cool find, Roadbuster--thanks for sharing. But i guess i was wondering more about a hypothetical alternate past version of myself (or any TransFan in the 1980s)--if i had owned a complete G1 Soundwave and G1 Rumble/Frenzy when i was growing up, before there were custom kits like the ones you found (or at least before i would have thought to look for them or buy them), and if i had thought of this trick i described... would it have worked?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)