This is bad comedy.

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Rhymus
City Commander

This is bad comedy.

Post by Rhymus »

In this thread, my attempts at TF humor which may not otherwise have come up in conversation.

If you have a toy of the G1 Autobots' Mechanical Engineer in the original package, would you say you have Wheeljack-in-the-box?

[not joking] A spoonerism, if i understand the term correctly, is a form of wordplay where the first sounds (not necessarily the first letters) of two words are swapped, especially if the result is two new words that completely change the meaning of the phrase. Two of my favorite examples are "sighing flosser" (a spoonerism of "flying saucer") and "dot hog" (a spoonerism of "hot dog"). [/not joking]

Here are a couple of Transformers spoonerisms:

Mort Fax

"I'll crush you with my hair bands!"

[not joking] Sixliner is the combined form of six Autobots who transform into trains. [/not joking]

Maybe Sixliner has some relatives:

the comedian: Oneliner

the Headmaster journalist: Headliner

the subway train: Underliner

SEE ALSO: http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... .php?t=345

SEE ALSO: http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... php?t=4417
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

If anybody should happen to go back in time and get a chance to talk to some G1 marketing execs, i have an idea for a Micromasters ad campaign tagline: "Robots in dis guy's... pocket!"
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »