Custom Drift sword

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Custom Drift sword

Post by Optimus Maximus »

So I am tired of seeing the sword for Drift sagging so I decided to do something about it. I have been building model cars for years and have lots of sheet styrene. This gave me the idea to make a new sword for Drift. Here is the start of it. The detail of the sword will be a little different but will all in all look very similar. Let me know what you think. If it comes out as nice as I would like it to I may see about molding it in resin.

172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Looks pretty good so far. Which details are you going to change?
Sideswipe89
Throttlebot

Post by Sideswipe89 »

i like it. it is very nicely made. plus no more rubber sword lol
"I don't break the rules, I bend them, alot" Sideswipe G1
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

Very cool man. I wish they all came like that.
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

Sorry for the long time since an update. Here are a couple of pics of it now. As you can see it is different from the original. The center will have a bead that will be painted like the original sword.

172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
joeSephALien
Noob

Post by joeSephALien »

Cool dual sword. Is that the excalibur sword of the autobots?
Martin wrote:
Well, not very scientific, they mainly consisted of whacking a variety of pens with GI Joe swords. The pen always lost.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

That sword has a neat history behind it. I am probably not the best person to explain it to you, but you can read about Drift (the character who owns it) and the sword here. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Drift_%28G1%29

To my understanding it has the ability to absorb the souls of transformers - unfortunately even the beholder - so it is used sparingly. I haven't read the comics in question regarding the sword, but I would like to.

By the way, welcome to the board!!! Hope you stick around for a while. Why don't you make up your own topic in the Billboard section and tell us a little about yourself.
joeSephALien
Noob

Post by joeSephALien »

That was a great recap dude. Thanks, now I know for real that it was Drift. Sorry cause I'm not that fond on watching the animated transformers. I just liked transformers when it shows in 3D Video. That was so cool. Well thanks anyways.