iSwave

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Nemesis Prime
Throttlebot

iSwave

Post by Nemesis Prime »

a couple of years ago i kitBashed my old g1 soundwave with my ipod shuffle ^_^ .. well here's some more recent pix
enjoy
-----------------------
(command interface)
-----------------------
Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Looks well done, Nemesis Prime, although a part of me is always pained to see TFs "damaged" for kitbashing, especially G1 figures. i can't decide if it was a good idea or not, routing the cable through the hole for mounting Soundwave's shoulder weapon; on the one hand, it minimizes the "damage" to the toy (and minimizes the visibility of what "damage" there is), but on the other, it prevents the mounting of the shoulder weapon.

When did you create this piece? According to TFWiki.net, this came out in 2007.

Bonus points for the "Cybertronian telephone pole" mode; how did you get him leaning forward without him falling over? Do you have him bent over at the hips or at the knees?

Is Rebel Blaster a Star Wars Transformer armed with a Rebel blaster? ;-) What's the story with the Rebel insignia? (Also, did you know that G1 Blaster's legs can "telescope" so there is no black "knee" visible between the upper gray portion and lower gray portion of each of his legs?)

Random, unrelated: Who is between Ravage and Scourge in this pic? i feel like i ought to be able to recognize him, but i can't quite place him...

i told you i could come up with more questions. ;-)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Nemesis Prime
Throttlebot

Post by Nemesis Prime »

Thanks for the comments and questions Rhymus..

The reason i kitbashed him in the first place was that he was already damaged. i had picked him up at a flea market when i was about 10yrs old and the spring mechanisim(sp) in his chest plate never really worked..over the years the plastic became brittle and craked so when i got an ipod shuffle, i was like this would be a perfect replacement piece. since i bought him used i've never had his weapons so the nonexistanse of his shoulder cannon doesnt bother me..

i kitbashed my soundwave in 2008, so yea i got the idea from music lable soundwave, which is what you are refering to from the TFwiki, which is an mp3 player..mine plays music(itunes) but more imoportant, i keep my nes/snes emulators and roms on him (see command interface) :)

i've always been able to transform him into his Cybertronian telephone pole alt mode. i just bend his torso ever so lightly right at the joints under his chest where his legs bend and he stays..i have tightened all his screws down..so i am sure that helps.

The rebel insignia on Blaster was my kiddos idea, no real story, other than he's sometime participates in our SW:Lego battles (as a command consol lol) and yes, i did know abouthis knees/legs, i was just being lazy with the transformations <_<

***edit**
sorry about that Rhymus >.< :oops:

i kno the lighting in the pic is off so from left to right
G1 Scourge, BWII Galvatron, Uni2.0 Ravage, TF 2007 movie Wire Tap
Last edited by Nemesis Prime on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Looks good, I like it! :) I probably should have thought of doing something like that BEFORE I got my MP3 Soundwave. :P
Nemesis Prime
Throttlebot

Post by Nemesis Prime »

Thanks Minerva 8)

now my kiddos keep begging me to do the same to either Blaster or Wire Tap.. lol, if only i had the parts (and money <_< ) i soooo would :twisted:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Rebel Blaster. Reblaster?

If only the Rebels would have had Reblaster, maybe not so many Bothans would have died to bring them the Death Star plans.

(Stormtrooper QQ 327): Hey, what do you have there?
(Stormtrooper NN 873): I don't know, I found this boombox on maintenance level 37 during my patrol. It works pretty good. One of the engineers must have left it after they fixed that reactor leak.
(Stormtrooper QQ 327): Cool! Let's hook it up the computer and see if we can get it to play over the loudspeaker in the barracks.

*TWO DAYS LATER*

(Giant explosion)
(Rebellion): Yeaaaaaah! We won! Wooooo!
(Mon Mothma): Thank you, Reblaster. I can only imagine what would have happened if we had to obtain that information with human and Bothan spies and couriers. Someone could have been seriously hurt, or captured!

*CUE CREDIT SEQUENCE WITH EPIC SCORE BY JOHN WILLIAMS*
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

A score by John Williams could make this saga truly epic. But where on Endor are we going to find a music-playing device?
Nemesis Prime wrote:Thanks Minerva 8)

now my kiddos keep begging me to do the same to either Blaster or Wire Tap.. lol, if only i had the parts (and money <_< ) i soooo would :twisted:
Nah, you've already got an MP3 playing TF. Customize Wire Tap to play vinyl records! And Rebel Blaster can play Grand Moff Tarkin's "stolen beta tapes"!
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Nemesis Prime
Throttlebot

Post by Nemesis Prime »

Rhymus wrote:Nah, you've already got an MP3 playing TF...
lmao..correction, i have a TF that plays NES/SNES roms with interwebz access ;)
alphatron
Noob

Post by alphatron »

Nemesis Prime wrote:
Rhymus wrote:Nah, you've already got an MP3 playing TF...
lmao..correction, i have a TF that plays NES/SNES roms with interwebz access ;)
Haha nice.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Rhymus wrote:Customize Wire Tap to play vinyl records!
You know, i thought i was kidding.
DecepticonSpike
Decoy

Post by DecepticonSpike »

Awesome!