Junkheap custom

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Junkheap custom

Post by Optimus Maximus »

Hi guys, for the longest time I only had Wreck-Gar and for the life of me could never find a Junkheap when he was released. That was until recently when they just started showing up at my local TRU. I have seen about 10 of them there in the last month along with his case mate. Anyway Ive picked 3 of them up over the last month and want to make them look a little different from each other. Here is the beginnings of the first one.

So far I have reshaped his helmet a little and removed the light from his forehead area. Painted his wrists black and his crotch and upper thighs orange. The orange will be toned down a little with some black in the recessed areas. I also plan on painting the gas tank and fenders.

Here is a comparison pic of what I have so far. Please let me know what you think and maybe some more ideas to change him up a little more.

172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Nice work! Did you hear about the 3rd party upstart company, "Maiden Japan's" Junkheap Junkion kits they're producing? It will add endless possibilities when it comes to customizing your Junkion Warriors. :twisted:

http://tformers.com/transformers-maiden ... /news.html

EDIT: Just seen on Facebook they went up for sale today over at Robot Kingdom:
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/es ... g=us&CatID
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Looks good! I'm afraid that I don't have any ideas or suggestions for you, but I am very curious to see the finished result. :)

@Roadbuster - Nice! I didn't know they made those upgrade kits.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

O.M. looking good with the changes. What about painting the chest guns orange to match the waist piece?

@ Roadbuster: I think I would be all over that if it was about $35. It just seems high to me. If I remember correctly weren't these all hand made? That might indicate the price tag.

We'll see if my will power breaks down and I end up buying one - If I did, I would need a second Junkheap to add that too. I sure would love to have 4 different unique Junkions! Oh, and I don't remember, can all of that equipment stay on him in both modes?
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Thanks everyone.

Roadbuster, thanks for the heads up on those kits. Although they look great I dont like that they cant transform anymore. I do like that they are giving me ideas for the two I plan on customizing.

Countdown, I was thinking of doing that but I cant get the chest apart because it held together with a pin. Also I want him to be kinda mis match like he is built from scrap parts that dont match.

Ill be posting more pics soon with more progress. Thanks for looking :)
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Countdown wrote:@ Roadbuster: I think I would be all over that if it was about $35. It just seems high to me. If I remember correctly weren't these all hand made? That might indicate the price tag.
The prototype casts were all hand made. Maiden Japan, along with most other 3rd party Chinese Transformers companies then outsource the molds to factory production (which explains why 3rd party products are getting KO'ed) . And the reason the price is around $50 is because of all the head pieces you're getting, not to mention the armor. Add on kits have really shot up in price and by today's market it's really a fair deal. Look at what people were paying for the Blood DX (for ROTF Bludgeon) kit, over $20, and all that was, was an upgrade head and a couple swords if I remember correctly.
Optimus Maximus wrote:Roadbuster, thanks for the heads up on those kits. Although they look great I dont like that they cant transform anymore. I do like that they are giving me ideas for the two I plan on customizing.
It's that way with a lot of kits, built to enhance your transformer in robot mode as most collectors will have them displayed that way. But non-transformable until you remove the kit.

Either way, you're doing a great job! And can't wait to see what you add to the mix next! :wink:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

O.M., you could leave off his legs and paint on the words, "Mini Me." Just a thought. That's what I think of when I see the two together, lol.

@ Roadbuster: I would agree with you if it was a solid plastic, and not a resin. Peaugh just did a review and accidentally bumped the shield and broke it during the review. Unless the kit reviewed was a prototype one, which he didn't say it was though.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Countdown wrote:@ Roadbuster: I would agree with you if it was a solid plastic, and not a resin. Peaugh just did a review and accidentally bumped the shield and broke it during the review. Unless the kit reviewed was a prototype one, which he didn't say it was though.
Knowing Peaugh, it probably was a prototype! lol. I swear that guy gets everything first, even before major retailers like BBTS and TfSource. He must have some kind of sponsorship going on...or just know people in high places. :wink: Either way, if it did happen to be the final product then it's not a good start for upstart company, Maiden Japan.
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

OK guys here's a little update on Scrapheap as I am gonna call him. I reshaped his mouth to give him the look of having a battle mask. I also sanded the square vents on the side of his head. (Does this give him a decepticon look now?) Other than some paint thats about it for now. Thanks for looking.

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Good job on touching him up. It makes him more unique to have a different vibe from the other Junkions. I don't think it gives him a Decepticon look. I've always thought of the Junkions as a dangerous lot, though. Perhaps it helps him look more dangerous.

Sorry about derailing the thread earlier!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

That head's turning out nice! Are you going to leave the mouth-plate a solid painted piece? Or add details, like a grill or mesh look? Looking good so far!

8)
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Thanks guys. Roadbuster, here is your answer.

Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Not bad! Keep up the good work!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Wow! That turned out nice! 8)