Some thoughts

Weigh in on the details or throw your RP hat in the ring!

Moderator: Sideways

Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Some thoughts

Post by Sideways »

Okay, it's been a very long time since the RP section has been touched. I'd like to dust off the cobwebs so to speak and see where it goes.

I think some brainstorming on some ideas on what kind of story we want to tell would do well. Do we stay on Cybertron? Earth? What "universe" would this RP be situated in?

So many questions and things to consider.

I think for the sake of most of us, A G1 based RP would be best. Obviously if you want to bring in a character who was not in G1 that would be okay, we'd have to figure out a way to explain how you are here, for instance.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Re: Some thoughts

Post by Time Traveller »

I've always been partial to "not Earth". In a G1 setting, Earth has a tendency to result in hamstrung Autobots spending more time dealing with humans than Decepticons. I am OK with Earth being an offscreen element though, because I LOVE using specific Earth vehicles as alt modes :D
I think the basic precepts of G1 worth including are pretty universal to all timelines, like Primus creating the TFs, some sort of war eventually starting, and some MacGuffins to shake things up from time to time. I do also enjoy the mixing of adaptations of non-G1 characters with G1, which is also becoming a little more common in canon media.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

We could start out like the Aligned continuity, where we start on Cybertron and are forced to leave. Whether we go to Earth or not is up to us.

What about if we start out on Cybertron, with a similar story to Prime/WFC/FOC, where the core of Cybertron IS Primus, and we had to leave because it was not hospitable, and like Prime, we returned the planet to life and the Allspark is creating new life/bringing others back etc. Then we can have new characters from other lines and have a way to explain it. We'd need new leaders for each side.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

Use a universal continuity. That way every character in pretty much an incarnation can work given short insert ransom cosmic reason they are all on the same place time etc......

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

That's not a bad idea.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

We just need to round up enough people to get it running again! It's a bit of a different time for forums with the dominance of social media.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Very true. Maybe we can use the social media to bring some new people in to RP?
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Sideways wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:17 pm Very true. Maybe we can use the social media to bring some new people in to RP?
Are there people with significant in with a transformer community on a major social media platform (facebook, twitter, reddit, etc.)?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Oh my gooooooooooddddddd....

Hi! :P

Great idea about tapping social media. I spend very little time on FB though, Sideways, you know anybody?
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I used to know people who RPed with Facebook pages, but it's been kinda dead lately. I run a few pages but I find it hard to interact with them lately.