COMPLEX TRANSFORMERS

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

COMPLEX TRANSFORMERS

Post by Guest »

Hay, I was chilling and sudenly I saw transformers energon and fliped when I saw optimus go ultra or what his final transformation is (where he merges with the little robots to become super optimus ) and I sudenly got the erge to find transformers that have realy complex or multiple levels of transformation. I was hopeing that there wor newer models of transformers like thos planes that all merged to become a huge super bot or that mega base guy that transformed into this masive beast of a transformer that was like 10 bigger then all the other.All help is welcome I will prefer newer models becuse older models are alot harder to come across and im agtious to get to spending.

Jono
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

if you are interested in *new* transformers that combine, i recommend the energon autobots that "powerlinx" together in pairs of two. they are interchangeable as the top or bottom of the big robot, so there are a lot of ways to transform them. as for single transformers being complicated, the Alternators line are quite complex. 20th anniversary optimus prime, though expensive, is also detailed and complicated. one last recommendation for a beastly 'bot is unicron, either armada or energon. he turns into a planet. very cool. have fun!
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Hey, I it just dawned on me that the Powerlinx guys seem a lot like Landcross (the Multiforce gestalt), or even the micromaster combiner squads (albeit in vehicle mode only). Do they have any other gimmicks, or are we just seeing a re-hash of the old stuff again?

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the replys.Im not to into the hole power links thing, Its cool but not cool enough for like $50 per bot.Umm are there any places to get the realy old ones in realy good condition.My family was poor when tf's first came out so I couldent get the realy cool ones like the big dinosaur that turned into the disepticons base or even the autobots version of it. And then my aunt and mom gave away or threw out the majority of what i had.So I am on a mission to try at leat to get a few of the realy cool ones.

Jono
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Jono: if you're looking for old stuff, you've come to the right place. matt here sells that stuff, http://www.transformerland.com/transformers-sales.htm
or, try hunting it down on ebay. http://www.ebay.com they're all out there, you just need to spend some time hunting them down. for your reference, the decepticon dinosaur base your thinking of is TRYPTICON, and his autobot equivalent/ nemesis is METROPLEX.
good luck, hope you find what you're looking for!
trance:
at least they're new figures. they seem to be into re-hashing whole molds. of course, i wouldn't mind a chance to buy some of the japanese only castings at a reasonable price, though i'd rather have the originals. as for gimmicks, how many new ones are left to try?