New toy purchases

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Because it'd be downright brittle if it was hard plastic. Sorry, but take it from a veteran, the rubber was a good choice. Also, he's recolored from ROTF Lockdown. Seen his hook hand? Imagine if THAT thing were hard plastic...
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Silly unecessary safety protective standards.

By all means, us "veterans" probably should not be alive right now.
We didn't have all of these goofy safety standards on our toys.
I wonder how many of our old toys have led paint.
I paint how many wonder of toys old have led our.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Geez Galvatron, when I was growing up I thought lead was a flavor... Now I know, and knowing is half the battle!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I think Sony and Nintendo helped pave the way for lawmakers to pass restrictions on most toys virtually unnoticed.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Galvatron wrote:Silly unecessary safety protective standards.

By all means, us "veterans" probably should not be alive right now.
We didn't have all of these goofy safety standards on our toys.
I wonder how many of our old toys have led paint.
I paint how many wonder of toys old have led our.
It's not necessarily an issue of safety, it's an issue of survivability. How many G1 Deluxe insecticons have I seen broken in their thinner parts? Legs, antennae, wings, gone, gone, gone. Hasbro has gotten wise in making these skinny appendages out of a flexible material.
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

The Last Autobot wrote:Picked up HFTD Axor. Digg?

He's a great figure. Great paintjob, great alt and robot modes, my only dislike is his flimsy rubber axe...why...
I picked him up too. I think I hate him.

not sure yet.
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
audionmotionink
Alternator

Post by audionmotionink »

just won a g1 prime in box online. checked thru all the research regarding knockoffs and it looks like the real deal. box has wear but everything looks legit! can't wait to get it home. it will be my 4th g1 prime and 1st boxed!!!!! im so happy
i'm always looking for optimus prime, nemesis prime, ultra magnus, bumblebee, megatron, starscream (allversions EXCEPT BW,BM,TM)
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

audionmotionink wrote:just won a g1 prime in box online. checked thru all the research regarding knockoffs and it looks like the real deal. box has wear but everything looks legit! can't wait to get it home. it will be my 4th g1 prime and 1st boxed!!!!! im so happy
SWEET!!!! :D
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I am not jealous at anybody that has these now.

Red Alert kinda ticked me off a bit. The top of the car / windshield kept popping off.
Also it shows that the engine mounts to the gun in the instructions.
I cannot get it to do that.
Dirge is an awesome figure. Just like all the rest of the seekers made for this line. We need Hasbro to release Thundercracker and Sunstorm now.

As I was out TF shopping today, Generations wave 2 has FINALLY come to Oregon. YAAAAAAY. I seen Darkmount WfC Megs and WfC Soundwave.
Last edited by Galvatron on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'm still waiting for wave 3..
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

Galvatron wrote:I am not jealous at anybody that has these now.

Red Alert kinda ticked me off a bit. The top of the car / windshield kept popping off.
Also it shows that the engine mounts to the gun in the instructions.
I cannot get it to do that.
Dirge is an awesome figure. Just like all the rest of the seekers made for this line. We need Hasbro to release Thundercracker and Sunstorm now.

As I was out TF shopping today, Generations wave 2 has FINALLY come to Oregon. YAAAAAAY. I seen Darkmount WfC Megs and WfC Soundwave.

I read somewhere... or heard it in a review. I don't remeber. lol
but someone told me the mold was retired. and that dirge would be the last one.
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

Silverbolt wrote:but someone told me the mold was retired. and that dirge would be the last one.
If true thats a bit dissapointing, that seeker mold has many uses. Still at least we got all 3 coneheads produced, and enough Strascreams and Acid Storms to paint up a Thundercracker and Skywarp on the cheap.

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Silverbolt wrote:I read somewhere... or heard it in a review. I don't remeber. lol
but someone told me the mold was retired. and that dirge would be the last one.
Seems to me like they're doing Ramjet again with Generations...I'd hate to see that mold go.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

So I ordered WFC Soundwave via Walmart.com. I'm waiting for Dirge, Red Alert and Blurr to be added to the site.. assuming I don't see them in store first.
audionmotionink
Alternator

got g1 blast off in the mail today from fleabay. finally have all my combaticons!!!!!!! i looked and looked on tfl, yet never found him.
now just waiting on my mib g1 prime to get here and i'll be one happy camper for sure!!!!! i just have to find a spot for him (might have to make a display case just for him!) lol
i'm always looking for optimus prime, nemesis prime, ultra magnus, bumblebee, megatron, starscream (allversions EXCEPT BW,BM,TM)
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

I'll have an Armada Unicron complete with Dead End and instructions in the mail soon. I wish it was the new one from Takara but I am still quite pleased to be getting Unicron at all. :D :D :D
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

audionmotionink wrote:got g1 blast off in the mail today from fleabay. finally have all my combaticons!!!!!!! i looked and looked on tfl, yet never found him.
Congrats, Blast Off was the last Combaticon that I needed to finish up my Bruiticus, he was standing there completely 'arm-less' for a good while. One of the best feelings when you can finally put him all together.

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
audionmotionink
Alternator

Rumble wrote:
audionmotionink wrote:got g1 blast off in the mail today from fleabay. finally have all my combaticons!!!!!!! i looked and looked on tfl, yet never found him.
Congrats, Blast Off was the last Combaticon that I needed to finish up my Bruiticus, he was standing there completely 'arm-less' for a good while. One of the best feelings when you can finally put him all together.

Rumble.
yeah everywhere i looked i couldn't find him complete or at a price i was willing to pay!
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

I rarely ever go to KMart but stopped in tonight and whats there waiting for me? WFC Soundwave and RED ALERT. yay me. I also picked up the ROTF BumbleBee voice mixer helmet to go along with my OP helmet I already have. Got all 3 for just 45 bucks.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I bought this HUGE lot of transformers parts, over 26 pounds.

Just finished the initial sorting and now I've got to start rebuilding them. But I did find all the parts to classics Rodimus with launcher! Sadly it does have a broken hinge on the chest plate, but its still usable and a great find considering how much he goes for on ebay now. Also filled an entire 12x12 flat rate priority box with built to rule pieces, came with like 8 instructions for them too.

And several interesting nontransformers I don't recognize.