New toy purchases

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Okay, I do like a couple, such as Shockwave, only because his weapon fits with the toy-it blends and makes sense. Voyager Megatron is alright, but they really dropped the ball on his badass battlewagon mode. He's a modern Motormaster toywise, but he should have been much more, even if they just made him one big cab to give more weight to his spikes and mods.
Jolt's casting is inferior to his ROTF one, and his color scheme puts me to sleep. Sideswipe was the biggest disappointment... his car mode has a giant hole through it, panels don't fit, and the plastic looks... cheap.

I want more CHUG, but $30 is too much for a regular issue deluxe (see:wreck gar)
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Time Traveller wrote:Jolt's casting is inferior to his ROTF one, and his color scheme puts me to sleep.
Well, I'll agree with you on color scheme, but I have both figures, and, frankly, the RotF mold is just awful. It looks barely anything like the CGI model and is just all-around underwhelming.

DotM Jolt, on the other hand, aside from his color scheme and lack of electro-whips, is very accurate and there's a lot of detail.
The Dark is Coming
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

Roadbuster wrote:
Time Traveller wrote:More input, people! Do you think we could collect sales volume from the same people that frequent our vintage toys? Keep up the brainstorm!
But of course! Plastic crack comes in all shapes/sizes. The only downside I see is when splitting open a fresh case there will always be those 1-2 figures (minimum) per case that the retail market is flooded with. Moving those, for a substantial profit, could be difficult.

And you'll have 2 types of customers:
A) The consumer that doesn't want to hit store after store looking to find every figure from each wave and would just rather pre-order them to save on time, gas, crowds, headache, exc...
B) The consumer that refuses to pay slightly higher online prices for a figure (not to mention shipping fees) and would rather drive all over the country to find it at retail. Only caving at the last second to buy it online at (usually by this point) even higher inflated prices.
I'm guilty of the latter. :roll:
I am a cheapskate but would spend 15 to 20 shipped for wheeljack, and the others i didnt see. I paid 15 for turbo tracks and it about killed me but i didnt find him at walmart or anything but walgreens.... lol

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

picked up generations warpath and thundercracker today 8)

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Well, I've been retro-actively collecting all the Classics/Universe figures I missed out on while in stores. :x :roll: My own fault though. I didn't start collecting at all until the later half of '07 as the Classics line was starting to tail off due to the first LAM movie. As for the Universe line, I was heavily invested into completing G1's at this point and simply ignored most of them (save Cyclonus/Galvatron). About the only thing I was looking for locally in toystores was the 25th Anniversary G.I. Joe's back then. Anyways...here are my efforts up to this point. All of these were bought within the past couple weeks (except for Classics Optimus, Megatron and Starscream. RTS Battle in Space 2 pack). For some reason Universe Ratchet and Sideswipe keep eluding me up to this point.

Classics Ramjet
Classics Mirage
Classics Cliffjumper
Classics Bumblebee
Universe Ironhide
Universe Prowl
Universe Silverstreak
Universe Sunstreaker
Universe Hound w/ Ravage

PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Wow.

I've actually been thinking about picking up the Classics toys I've missed, but some of them are so expensive.
The Dark is Coming
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

1984 Misb pre rub Starscream and 6 Choose your own adventure Transformer books.
PETER IS GOD!Image
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Walmart-exclusive (Fanwank) Sideswipe.
The Dark is Coming
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Awesome Roadbuster! Keep (CHUGging) along. LOL
I got a few for sale, so let me know if you are interested.

I'm almost tempted to sale my entire collection. I GOT A LOT!!!
But that's news for another thread on another day.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Galvatron wrote:Awesome Roadbuster! Keep (CHUGging) along. LOL
I got a few for sale, so let me know if you are interested.
I'm definitely interested. :wink: Will have to catch up to you one day on MSN to discuss further.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Cliffjumper wrote:picked up generations warpath and thundercracker today 8)
Doh! I just ordered that case from BBTS. Anyone want a T-Cracker for $15 +S&H?
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Picked up Leader Class Ironhide. He's amazing.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Picked up: Battle for Autobot City (Ultra Magnus vs Skywarp)! MISB!

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Very nice Roadbuster!! I had to piece mine together. And, each of them were expensive. - But, I am glad I did!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Man, I remember getting those things clearanced out on a Target endcap full of em for $17. I wish I'd have gotten them all... Who knew the friggin commander armor would come out and drive the prices through the roof? Who knew classics prices would soar so much at all?
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

Awesome! I need those too :( My lego death star arrived yesterday woohoo!!!

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Time Traveller wrote:Man, I remember getting those things clearanced out on a Target endcap full of em for $17. I wish I'd have gotten them all... Who knew the friggin commander armor would come out and drive the prices through the roof? Who knew classics prices would soar so much at all?
The price tag on this set shows it to be clearance priced @$13.98. :lol: Yeah, I wish I would have gotten these while they were in stores! :x But oh well, what can you do about it now? :lol: Having only 5 out of the 6 CHUG seekers was driving me crazy so I had to get a Skywarp. And as far as Ultra Magnus goes, I'd love to get my hands on the City Commander armor but spending $300 to get it isn't an option right now. Maybe one day.... :roll:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Well I haven't shared my acquisitions in quite a while. Now, is as good a time as any.

In the back left is God Ginrai. I've been wanting him ever since I got addicted to the TF: Victory Fandubs. The 'Apex Armor' is awesome. It's so huge in robot mode.

My local comic shop had a few commemorative figures. I grabbed Hoist. I would have grabbed more but my better half was about to have a heart attack. The $30 price tag shocked the hell out of her. I couldn't get away with more. :( Oh, and I almost ended up w/ a Castle Grey Skull (sp?) But, she wouldn't entertain the idea. She said it was way too big and no where to put it. (I had a place lined up the second I saw it!!)

The back right is 'Super Silver Robot.' A four pack knock off combiner that is probably based off of the Brave Series (me thinks...). It is utter crap. The combiner couldn't hold itself together if I emptied a Staples of superglue.

The front left is RTS Rodimus again. :cry: My first Rodimus' right shoulder disintegrated (mold issue? I squeezed the shoulder in-between my fingers and crunched the shoulder into 5 pieces.). This one's left shoulder is as loose as the right one on my original one's. Maybe this mold has been used too often I don't know. I just want a stupid RTS Rodimus that doesn't have these issues. I heard that furniture polish (maybe I read it here) on a ball joint will safely tighten the joint. Any truth to that?

I was all excited to get Universe Blaster. However, after some consideration I think that his Minicon doesn't fit him (as it should have had a different mold minicon than Soundblaster). And, unfortunately I already broke the weapon holder in vehicle mode (a tiny peg designed to hold the weapons in the wings clipped off. After transforming him a few times, I've come to realize that I probably dislike him the most.

I picked up Goldbug (the name the package should have said.) a few days ago. He is just plain cool.

I grabbed Deep Dive at the same time as Gold Bug. I didn't realize till I got home that he was an Autobot. His colors would work better as a Decepticon.

I grabbed Bumblebee at the Comic Shop as well! Unfortunately, I bought him in vehicle mode and he was missing his gun (not a big deal, I figured it would be missing) and the hand that probably was holding it (a bigger deal now he just looks off). I ordered Cliffjumper on clearance at another online store. I'll strip him of his hand and his blaster.

I ordered Grappel a long while ago. I never posted a pic. Here it is... On a side note I just saw him on clearance for $10 something. I paid $30 or so for him. :(

I also grabbed this transforming Weird Green Lizard at the comic shop for 50 cents. I am pretty sure he is missing a tail/weapon, but I couldn't complain since the price was right. I have no idea who he was made by. The only markings were the letters 'LH' behind a silhouette of a bear's head.

Lastly, but not least is Vavirobot thanks to Time Traveller. It's a blaster/spaceship with awesome 1980's sounds. It's a real gem.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Wow! :shock: That's one hell of a haul! Loving the God Ginrai! :wink:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Well to be fair, those were over the last 2 months, maybe 3. At least that is how I justify them in my head.