New toy purchases

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Wheelie is awesome. Thats the first I've ever seen of that mold.
Last edited by LD2062 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Sorry to take so long to reply. Work has been real hectic, but now I am on vaca! :)
Minerva wrote:Nice finds, Countdown! That KO Overlord is kinda cute. How is the toy quality (plastic, joints etc.)?
The plastic unfortunately does feel cheap. I have transformed him back and forth about a dozen times and to his credit he holds up well.

He holds his weapons firmly; Not too tight and not loose. The arms and leg joints are tight as well. Mold issues: (1) Yellow part of tank has plastic that needs shave off. (2) I can see the leg joints getting loose. (3) The front landing gear when in jet mode doesn't touch the ground below him.
Roadbuster wrote:Which make/version of Wheelie is that? Looks like a pretty sweet mold! And Windcharger has been showing up at TJ Maxx and Ross's nationwide at clearance prices....so the secondary market on Ebay isn't quite as crazy as it once was. Nice finds!

...Finally picked up HFTD Terradive...
Wheelie is from the 'Jizaitoys' mold. From what I understand, Jizaitoys had the license from Hasbro/Takaratomy to make their own Wheelie figure and to sell it for one day only at an official Transformers convention. This is an up-sized version of it that I purchased made by a third party (not Jizaitoys). Wheelie is well over 50% die-cast, solidly built, and has extremely tight joints. He put me back $53 including shipping and as of yesterday there are more still for sale. You can PM me and I will reply back w. the link if you wish - I don't want to link to a competitor of TFLs.

I still think that for such a small figure, Windcharger was way too much. But, I have seen how high scalpers are willing to increase the prices to. I decided to pick him up before he truly was out of my price range.

Great find in that Terradive! I am on the fence on him. However, I have been hunting for Spacecase to no avail. Perhaps the gf will find one for me.

@ Optimus Maximus: After having him for a week of so... do you still feel the same? I thought Rodimus looked great, but I am so terrified of just looking at him wrong and breaking him. I want him, but I can't get myself to buy him when he is so breakable.
LD2062 wrote:Wheelie is assume. Thats the first I've ever seen of that mold.
He is awesome!
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Countdown wrote: The plastic unfortunately does feel cheap. I have transformed him back and forth about a dozen times and to his credit he holds up well.

He holds his weapons firmly; Not too tight and not loose. The arms and leg joints are tight as well. Mold issues: (1) Yellow part of tank has plastic that needs shave off. (2) I can see the leg joints getting loose. (3) The front landing gear when in jet mode doesn't touch the ground below him.
It seems like he's not the best when it comes to quality, but I still find him pretty cute. :)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

The latest Fansproject Crossfire Causality fig. arrived today....Backfiery! Or "not-Kickback." Really digging the sleek design that went into this guy! The screen vents really accentuate the legs/chest area. Also, the 6 kunais that serve an alternative purpose as "grasshopper legs" make for an interesting choice of weaponry. Highly recommend this guy or the complete set!

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Great catch there! :) I really really want a set of Insecticons. I am going to have to hold off (for a long while me thinks - holiday time soon. Time to shop for others.).

I will have Insecticons sometime next year though. Again though Roadbuster, great find!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Countdown wrote:I am going to have to hold off (for a long while me thinks - holiday time soon. Time to shop for others.).
Yeah, it won't be long. I procrastinated last year and didn't start shopping until Black Friday. This year however, I started early in Sept. and have most of it done already. Or at least I hope.... :roll: :lol:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Derailing thread in 3.2.1...

I started the X-Mas shopping too. The girlfriend already got her main gift. Ok, she can't have it till X-Mas but, she went with me to make sure it fit right.

Merging original topic and the derail in 3.2.1...

I will accept Generations X-Mas gifts from all TFLers! Ok, that was selfish of me. :roll: :lol: :twisted:

Back on topic in 3.2.1....

I spent Saturday at Kings Island Amusement Park in Ohio and had a blast. We were looking for a souvenir or two in the gift shops on the way out and I found this. I knew I had to have one. Unfortunately, I am rather broke and couldn't afford all 4 (they only had two of the four in stock anyways).

Wish I would have bought the other one as well anyways (and asked for them to check stock on the other two).

This figure has a soft rubber head in alternate mode. It feels like those rubber animal figures you find in dollar bins. The robot has a solid transformation w/ very tight joints.

If it wasn't for the packaging, I would have never known this figure transforms (assuming I didn't turn it upside down). The only thing it lacks is a weapon. I don't appear to have any that fit him that I see. But, I am sure I'll be able to find something.

I am going to have to find a way to collect all 4 of them.

Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Nice find! Especially at an amusement park gift shop! 8)
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Great purchase, Roadbuster!

@ Countdown - I had no idea those transforming dinosaurs were still sold in stores! They were released here in Sweden too, but I think it was under a different name... I can't remember what it was though. If I remember correctly this other version also came with a gun/rifle. I still have some of these figures (no weapons unfortunately), if you're interested.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Looked around on here for a topic to post up recent purchases but couldn't find one......so, with that being said.....here's my haul for today. Transformers Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 finally came from Wal-Mart.com. I have had it pre-ordered for a couple months now. Now I have the complete series and will have to set some time aside to sit down and really enjoy it. PS3 Black Ops also came in....and will be a X-mas gift to my son to go along with the PS3 system he's getting. :wink: I also collect jerseys. Whether it be NFL, NBA or MLB as I'm a HUGE sports fan! Probably more-so than Transformers. I had to have this throwback Dallas Cowboys "Miles Austin" jersey (authentic) as we both share the same last name. I even have a tattoo of Austin across my shoulder blades in "old english" lettering. So I'm really stoked to have landed this, especially for the opening bid of $29.99. :wink: One day I'm going to have to get my all my jerseys together in a group shot and post it up on here.

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Roadbuster wrote:One day I'm going to have to get my all my jerseys together in a group shot and post it up on here.
I am going to stick you to that!

Nice finds there, especially the jersey.

I have to admit that as big of a TF addict as I am, I never watched (read: I don't know anything about) beyond one or two episodes (many a year back) of Beast Wars. I am really in the dark about that series. I think at the time I wasn't a fan of the animation style. Guess I never gave it a chance.

As far as your son goes. He is a lucky son. That's one heck of a haul for him. :)
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Nice stuff everyone. I'm really digging the Casualty Insecticons, or whatever they are called, lol. I may have to get them.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Countdown wrote:
Roadbuster wrote:One day I'm going to have to get my all my jerseys together in a group shot and post it up on here.
I am going to stick you to that!

Nice finds there, especially the jersey.

I have to admit that as big of a TF addict as I am, I never watched (read: I don't know anything about) beyond one or two episodes (many a year back) of Beast Wars. I am really in the dark about that series. I think at the time I wasn't a fan of the animation style. Guess I never gave it a chance.

As far as your son goes. He is a lucky son. That's one heck of a haul for him. :)
Thanks bud. :) One day when I find time I'll get 'em spread out across the floor for a pic. :wink:

As far as Beast Wars goes, it's GREAT! I've only had time to watch the first disc so far (about 7 episodes) and as much as I claim to be a "G1'er" and couldn't get over the whole Optimus=monkey/Megatron=t-rex thing initially, I have to admit the plot/storyline is SUPERB! And while the animation might be a bit outdated (compared to TF: Prime)...I just have to keep reminding myself it was top of the line for it's time.

Thanks! Yeah, a PS3 + Black Ops is pretty much all he's been asking for. Just glad to be in a position to finally make it happen. I've had mine for years and it's never let me down. Just hope he doesn't make Santas "naughty list" between now and then. :P
skywarp408 wrote:Nice stuff everyone. I'm really digging the Casualty Insecticons, or whatever they are called, lol. I may have to get them.
They're all awesome! I highly recommend getting the set if you can before it's sold out and prices skyrocket.

I'm still kicking myself for passing on the Fansproject CC armor. I wavered and passed on that during it's initial run and didn't really jump into the whole 3rd party boat until after it had sold out. Plus the few times it's restocked caught me at a bad time financially and not to mention sold out within mere hours. I can't justify paying $225+ for it now. :roll:
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

How good is the quality of plastic on the Insecticons, Roadbuster?
PETER IS GOD!Image
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Blaster: "Optimus Prime, do you read me? The Decepticons are blitzing Autobot City, we're really taking a pounding. Don't know how much longer we can hold out!"

Blaster has arrived. :) I ordered Device Label Broad Blast and the Reprolabels Classics Blaster set a few weeks ago. And, the Reprolabels set arrived 2 days ago and the Broad Blast arrived yesterday. I love the sticker set. It thought I would have more of an issue with the speaker decals, but I think they work.

I armed him w/ Perceptor's weapon. Does anyone know if he can use his original G1 weapon? I still need to get some or all of his G1 cassettes.

Sorry the pictures are so blurry. I couldn't get the camera to focus. :(

Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

That's awesome!!! :shock: So where does the keyboard hide while in robot mode? Would love to see you include a pic of the backside of him in robot mode as well. Nice pickup! While Blaster isn't on my radar, I'm still regretting missing out on Music Label Soundwave.
skywarp408 wrote:How good is the quality of plastic on the Insecticons, Roadbuster?
EDIT: I replied a few days back but my post was lost when TFL changed servers.

The quality is excellent! As most of Fansprojects offerings are. I've transformed Thundershred the most and all the joints remain tight as ever. Ratcheting mechanism has solid gears and there are no stress marks or paint loss what-so-ever so I'm very pleased! I haven't had any issues with Stormbomb or Backfiery to report so far either. :)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

@ Roadbuster: I'll get that pic up after my shift today. So stay tuned, don't touch that dial.

--edit--

I forgot to mention that Blaster has awesome light piping!

Back View:

Side View:

Other Side View:

Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

I forgot to mention that Blaster has awesome light piping!

Back View:

Side View:

Other Side View:

Image[/quote]

I really like this mold but the head is a little off for me. Does it look possible to put a G1 head on him? Or would it be to big?
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

wow cool stuff :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I think it would be too big. This figure is about Voyager sized, which is tall. But, I think the head from G1 Blaster would be too big (I could be wrong).

I actually liked this head from the beginning. It seems comic accurate & I can see the cartoon version of him in it (that's just me though). I adapted pretty well to it considering I don't read many of the comics (yet). Now, I don't have a G1 Blaster, so I am not sure how accurate I am about the size comparison of the heads.