New toy purchases

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Re: New toy purchases

Post by duttry98 »

SentinelPrime wrote:I was bored. I typed in transformable objects and it popped up. :)
LMAO
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Perceptor wrote:Image

Haha. (JK) :P
I love this saber. Are you on fx-sabers site?
R.I.P. Menasor
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

G1 Groundbreaker and Generations Whirl.
PETER IS GOD!Image
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Here is my latest haul! All Optimus Prime Figures! The YOTH MP PRIME figure is not built as sturdy as the original MP Primes. This figure has more plastic than diecast metal. However it does have rubber tires. The Transformers 4 AOE Prime is pretty cool...not sure I like how Hasbro did the parts of the truck frame hanging off of Prime's back. The Evasion Prime is not bad either. Only real complaint is the lack of articulation especially in the arms.

THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

The evasion prime reminds me more of 80s figures considering the kibble. Nice finds.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Here is a current link to the transformer combiner Thomas the Tank Engine. A couple of years ago I found this item. It's pretty cool. The price is only 13.31.

http://www.dx.com/p/transformable-tomas ... 4U8ztq9KSM
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Perceptor
Alternator

Post by Perceptor »

Picked up THIS GUY last week:

I am a LITTLE surprised to see how much HATE he gets, online I mean. Not because he's actually really cool or anything - no: He sucks. In fact, I think THIS sums it up about perfectly:

Rather I was surprised because, as compared to Springer and Sandstorm, he's really rather expensive, and his price (based on the TFS here) has been more sharply trending upwards over the past ten years or so, as compared to most of the other '86 TF's. So I'm like... Why's the price going so high if everyone hates him, and for pretty good reason?! :lol:

Anyway, while not the "official" way, I prefer to display (play with) him like this:

He's a LITTLE less brick-like, there's a place to keep the missiles and with the wings on his back and feet extended, he's a little more reminiscent of the G1 Seeker Jets. Kind of like one of Starscream's guys who got sick of his $#!t and declared for Prime.
"One's ultimate truth lies in one's molecular structure."
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I'm selling mine.... and yeah, he sucks. :lol:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

He looks exactly like the type of g1 figure I would love... Big and clunky. Looks great!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Perceptor wrote: Image
While big and clunky, that ^^^ about sums up the "fun factor" while transforming him. And if it 'aint fun it's gotta go. I'll get my nostalgic fix with (Fansproject) Warbot Assaulter if I want a "fun to fiddle" with G1 Broadside homage.
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Well I picked up some super deformed G1 figurines with Optimus, Megs, ratchet, Soundwave, and Starscream. To lazy to post a pic They were at toys r us..
PETER IS GOD!Image
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

skywarp408 wrote:Well I picked up some super deformed G1 figurines with Optimus, Megs, ratchet, Soundwave, and Starscream. To lazy to post a pic They were at toys r us..
Saw these over the weekend too. They are kinda odd lookin.
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

G1 Catilla in the mail today.
PETER IS GOD!Image
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Generations Doubledealer today at toys r us. Massive transformers movie display there as well.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Latest things I've bought are Evasion Prime and Crosshairs.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I love the look of evasion primes vehicle mode. Very nice haul there Sideways! I'll have to look up what crosshairs looks like. Haven't seen it (I assume its an AOE version).
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Bought Generations Waspinator and Sandstorm at TRU the other day....oh, but the real beauty showed up on my doorstep about a week ago. FANS TOYS SCORIA! Or Masterpiece Slag... as we all know him:

duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

That Slag is pretty kick ass! Can we get a shot of bot mode???????
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

I'm thinking of getting Soria. I just wish I new if Hasbro/Takara would make their own. It's like a freaking guessing game waiting who's the next Masterpiece figure.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

skywarp408 wrote:I'm thinking of getting Soria. I just wish I new if Hasbro/Takara would make their own. It's like a freaking guessing game waiting who's the next Masterpiece figure.
I've been collecting 3rd party Transformers for over 3 years now. I have quite a few, but I can't honestly say Scoria is the BEST Transformer in my entire collection. It shot to the top. Even beats out my Takara MPs (MP-10, MP-08, MP-13, exc). No question....the quality is there, chrome is gorgeous, paint apps are crisp. I thought Quakewave (Fans Toys MP Shockwave) would be hard to top, but they really outdone theirselves with this first offering from their Dibot line. I can't wait to see the others now....

And as far as Takara/Hasbro making MP Dinobots, you'll be waiting a LONG time. After Magnus, Takara has said they're concentrating on Destrons for 2015 and beyond. Plus they'll need to finish the Autobot cars they've started (Mirage, Hound, Jazz, exc...).

I should be getting Daca Toys Kronos soon...if you haven't kept up be sure and check that one out. He'll be the centerpiece of my Masterpiece Autobots alongside Prime once he gets here.. :D