New toy purchases

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Re: New toy purchases

Post by Time Traveller »

I just received my KD Galvatron yesterday, finally, from my Hasbro Pulse preorder. Siege, Earthrise, and Kingdom have been packed-full of winners! Siege was the best mass-release toyline we've had in a long time. I'm honestly less gushing with praise for ER, but KD has been great despite the snails' pace of releases.
In the last years, I've gotten WAY into the Diaclone 2016 reboot line. Fantastic engineering, beautiful designs, my favorite.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Did you get a properly assembled Kingdom Galvatron? Mine happened to have one mis-assembled shoulder and one properly assembled. It was not fun to fix.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Yesterday I received Gigawatt and a few others from BBTS (including the new Ramjet G2 recolor with the WFC seeker mold). My road to collecting the main line is coming to an end soon, unless they come out with more of the G1 mini characters in deluxe or larger sizes (brawn, outback, windcharger, etc.). I am happy with a shelf of one of each of the G1 characters (and some Beast Wars) in the CHUG+ style that started with Classic back in 2007 (with a couple of exceptions for special case chatacters). Other than that, I am happy with my displays.

I look forward to posting pics of my HotRod/Rodimus collection soon to have one of you completists tell me what I am missing.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Sideways wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:31 pm Did you get a properly assembled Kingdom Galvatron?
No, of course not. I'll be prying him apart sometime later. For now, I'm ok just rotating his shoulder around.

Magnus, you're missing the Micro TF Hot Rodimus that came with the original Star Convoy. And the Primus lucky draw redeco of the G1 Rodimus mold. :wink:
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Magnus, you're missing the Micro TF Hot Rodimus that came with the original Star Convoy.
No I am not. :P

And the Primus lucky draw redeco of the G1 Rodimus mold.
That is a different character, thus is not part of a HotRod/Rodimus collection.

They other thing to remember about me is my rule about "If it does not transform, it is not a transformer." so, even though I have a few items that are solid state, any mention of things like Revoltech Hot Rod will be summarily dismissed.

The only two that I know that I am missing are Kiss Players, because... yuck... Kiss Players (I have the convention redeco of that mold that matches the hot rod flame designs as opposed to the boring white stripes and problematic context of Kiss Players), and the original bubblegum Rodimus Prime (the one with the cardboard trailer). But, I figured I will post pics soon to find out if there is anything I need to hunt down.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Superlink Black Rodimus?
I'm assuming you don't count Armada Hot Shot (Hot Rod in Japan)

Japanese-variant G1 Rodimus where he's got the plastic wheels but the metal toes?
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I do have the Armada Hot Shot in Excellion colors (as well as the Excellion figure), but not in standard yellow.

And before you sit here and guess every single hot rod ever, I will post pics.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE JAPANESE DVD EXCILLION?
Cus I need archive pics of that beast, unless and until I get one :wink:
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Oh. I somehow forgot to mention that someone else was in that big shipments from BBTS. The Ark arrived.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Kingdom Tracks is my latest toy. Waiting to see what Toyhax/Reprolabels comes out with.

Reminds me, I need to put my stickers on MP Tracks. I don't think it'll be a drastic improvement like the stickers were for MP Ultra Magnus.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

MP Tracks has a fine deco, probably because they were willing to compromise on the cartoon accuracy a bit. KD Tracks does a fantastic job scaling down the MP to a Deluxe price point, but I think the deco leaves something to be desired, especially with the underwhelming hood emblem!
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Beast Wars reissue Cheetor and Megatron are the latest to my addition. Cheetor has been carefully taken out of the package as to not damage the card, and Megatron is still sealed in the box. He'll be easier to get out without damaging the package then Cheetor was.

When I got Cheetor, his bubble was already very dented, as was the other on the shelf. But it appears the bottom of the bubble was peforated so you can open the bottom of the bubble and pull the inner packaging out without breaking the glue to pull the whole bubble off, probably like I did when I was young. LOL.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

My tactic has always been to use a knife and slice 3 sides of the bubble from the card, which has resulted in me saving 25 cubic meters of packaging. I can't say I'm proud of it :lol:
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'll slice the tape off the side of Megatron's box and keep that. Don't know about the bubble and packaging for Cheetor considering it was already busted.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I have to say, the folded cardboard inserts for Kingdom are making my package-saving take up a LOT less space. I wish I could go back in time and make all packaging since the 90s have cardboard-only packaging.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Uhh, let's see what I've gotten since the last time I posted.

BW reissue Primal for $14.99. price matched Walmart.com.
BW reissue Tigatron.
BW reissue rattrap on clearance for $5.

Kingdom Tigatron, Rhinox, Blaster. Waspinator.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Received a shipment from BBTS.

The Transformers specific portion was Artfire, Scamper. and Pipes.

Pipes.... a mold flog. Exactly as expected. A character I had been wanted since Classics started. Nice. Gimme the rest of the minicars in deluxe or better, Hasbro!

Scamper.... Another parts former to finish up Metroplex... Should have been included in Metroplex, but it is a nice add on piece... but for the love of all that it holy, if you hold two places where the main gun barrel can attach, give me two! Either that, or give me the part that can be added to the turret and have the barrel centered and not look like it is missing a piece. That 10 cents is not going to kill you! Other than that tiny issue, I am happy with this also.

Artfire.... This was another one where I bought it because it was there. I do not know the character. I do not know anything about him. But, I bought it because they flogged the... what... forth or fifth firetruck in 10 years? This is why I am at the place where I am seriously cutting back on collecting TF's. I have been buying characters I do not know because they are being made. I made choices to not buy characters I knew because they do not fit my preferences, but somewhere along the way I fell into blindly clicking at anything that fit my idea of what the teams should be instead of filling the holes I wanted to be filled. There is nothing wrong with this figure, or the mold... but it does represent a lot of what I see as wrong with the line. I am happy for those that wanted an Artifire, but itis just a purchase I made for no good reason.

So, my purchases going forward are going to be a lot more sparse and well thought out. These three were mostly great. Just a definite turning point for me in my purchasing.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Magnus, definitely skip Road Ranger and Puffer ;) Also, I think you ARE missing a piece for your scamper... He should have a little connector for the turret barrel that fits over both fist pegs to make a little mantlet for the gun. Granted, that piece fits a little loosely for mine, but it works. It may be stored on the black piece that connects the long section tank treads together. If you have a singe post pointing rearward from the bottom of the tank, that's it!
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

SS86 Coronation Starscream. Picked him up today.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

And what do you think of your $50 Voyager? I for one love giving him all four null rays (two of which are molded in BLUE and painted gray for some reason...) at the same time.