New toy purchases

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

MotU lunchbox? Score...
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

ZOAR!!!!!!!!!! You lucky dog! I always wanted one of those! You have the perch and everything too! Also is the Zarana the earrings one or the W/O Earrings one?

I think I can get Wes to find you a helmet for 'Fridge Perry figure too! He's got a rubbermaid foot locker full of G.I.Joe ARAH accessories and mail away stuff.

Arcee wrote:MotU lunchbox? Score...
I had an english literature professor that used a metal MOTU lunchox as a briefcase. What was even more entertaining is that he didn't have the first foggiest clue about what the cartoon was about.

One day the handle for the MOTU lunchbox broke and the next day he was carrying an old Sesame Street one. He said he liked the Sesame St. one better as he felt as if he were teaching kids on an elementary level despite it being a collegiate level course. :roll:

I always liked him he was a nice man.
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Roar wrote: I think I can get Wes to find you a helmet for 'Fridge Perry figure too! quote]

Is that William "the refrigator" Perry?

ZOAR!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't that the sorceress' "alternate mode" for want of a better term?
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Commander Megatron wrote:
Roar wrote: I think I can get Wes to find you a helmet for 'Fridge Perry figure too! quote]

Is that William "the refrigator" Perry?

ZOAR!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't that the sorceress' "alternate mode" for want of a better term?
You do know everything! Time Traveller's competition! :wink:

William Perry was a G.I.Joe mail away in the mid 80's when the Bears were really popular. I'm not much on football history but I think that figure came out the year the Bears were getting gigantic buzz about playing the Super Bowl wasn't it? :?

Anyway......... Perry's figure came with a green football looking helmet with a visor, a sledge hammer looking accessory and a file card. Wes'll have to come in here and tell you that bit because he's the authority on G.I.Joe ARAH everything.

Whatever I know is from osmosis. :roll:

Yes Zoar is Sorceress' alternate "mode". I always wanted one when I was a kid because it can latch onto any MOTU figure's shoulders but I never got one. I had the great fortune however of having a "Masters" fan friend down the street who would let me borrow his for a few days.

Ramjet's looks really good too! A lot of the Zoars and Screeches (Screech was the evil counterpart to Zoar and was a purplish blue color w/paint) have tears and brittleness in the wings. What wings didn't tear kids usually tore or cut themselves.

There is also a trigger mechanism in one of the legs that makes the wings flap the usually quits working somewhere down the line of the toy's life. Does it work, 'Jet?
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Roar wrote:I had an english literature professor that used a metal MOTU lunchox as a briefcase. What was even more entertaining is that he didn't have the first foggiest clue about what the cartoon was about.

One day the handle for the MOTU lunchbox broke and the next day he was carrying an old Sesame Street one. He said he liked the Sesame St. one better as he felt as if he were teaching kids on an elementary level despite it being a collegiate level course. :roll:

I always liked him he was a nice man.
lol! That is so awesome. (And the fact he taught English Lit is just another plus!) :wink:
Whatever I know is from osmosis.
:shock: Kind of ironic you mentioning that figure; I only just recently learned about it from Ultra Magnus (quite painfully, I might add ... he even made me watch the Superbowl Shuffle). :P
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Arcee wrote:
:shock: Kind of ironic you mentioning that figure; I only just recently learned about it from Ultra Magnus (quite painfully, I might add ... he even made me watch the Superbowl Shuffle). :P
Oh you're a strong woman to stomach that! :shock: Nothing like a room full of tone deaf, off key badly dancing wanna' be rappers. I felt sorry for those poor men! *shakes head*
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Roar wrote: Time Traveller's competition!
Oh really?
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

[quote="Ramjet"]They didn't get to everyone, and they started in 2002, I guess. I gotta get these guys in the mail before I start to like them too much!

200X archive[/quote
One of my good friends has the keldor exclusive. It cost him $300 bucks!
R.I.P. Menasor
Trailbreaker
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Trailbreaker »

The '85 Chicago Bears are one of the greatest if not THE greatest defenses in football history and were anchored by William Perry. The team lost only one game (to the Miami Dolphins) and won the Superbowl. They also had the late, great Walter Payton, Jim McMahon, Richard Dent and Mike Singletary. I think that it is absolutely hilarious that they made of figure of the Fridge. At least they didn't put him in the cartoon like Sgt. Slaughter. The Sarge and Serpentor were the downfall of G.I. Joe IMO.

Another bit of Fridge trivia:he boxed basketball player Manut Boll in Celebrity Boxing. Horrible boxing match, but they did it for charity.
Hot Shot
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Hot Shot »

OMG Trailbreaker that brings back so many memories.....

A blast from the past
The_Bears
Hot Shot
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Hot Shot »

Almost forgot...I got these two guys in the mail today.

Gold Optimus Prime (K-Mart Exclusive)

Micron Legend Shockwave (Tidalwave)

Only need a couple more to complete my Armada collection. I'm gonna start getting more of the Micron Legend figures I think. There paint jobs more resemble what is seen in the cartoons.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I picked up some t shirts recently. The Kremzeek is from 80stees.com, and the other from e-prey. Enjoy!
R.I.P. Menasor
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Hey Hotshot! How could you FORGET two such awesome armada figures??? :wink:

Very cool figures! I have them both and the repaint Universe Armada Prime version:

Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

That Metroplex shirt is awesome.
Hot Shot wrote:A blast from the past
The_Bears
Dear God, noooo! Don't make me watch it again! :lol:
Hot Shot
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Hot Shot »

SentinelPrime I need just the trailer for the Powerlinx Prime :cry: ...I may have to just buy a complete one and sell the one I have.

I really want the Costco repaint...but that came out for the Energon series.

@Arcee....LOL glad I made your day with that :twisted:
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

I too like the Metroplex t-shirt! Where did you get it Dinobot?
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

uhhh............. Zoar works. His wings are limp, so I prop them up with toothpicks. I'm pretty sure the Fridge never came with a helmet. Zarana is the not-rare, but better-looking, non-earing version. Wud I forget?

"Trailbreaker, we would like to have a word with you........."
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

nice stuff everyone cool GI joes ramjet I have some of those somewhere I think hmmmmmm...

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

SentinelPrime wrote:I too like the Metroplex t-shirt! Where did you get it Dinobot?

Someone was selling it on eprey. I might be able to contact the seller to see if theres a place he was able to get it from.
R.I.P. Menasor
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Hot Shot wrote:SentinelPrime I need just the trailer for the Powerlinx Prime :cry: ...I may have to just buy a complete one and sell the one I have.
Hey Hot Shot - I may just have a spare trailer... I'll get back to you later today when I've checked. I'm almost certain I have one... :wink:

Also - look what Mrs S's trip to a charity shop revealed this morning;

A transforming Cherry Coke can! Mrs S saw him and remembered some recent pics I'd shown her on here, so she bought him. He's in great condition and his spring loaded head/arms still work perfectly. I'll be selling him for anyone interested in the sale section on the billboard forum and proceeds as always will be going to my wedding fund :D
Jetfire is a robosexual