New toy purchases

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Re: New toy purchases

Post by skywarp408 »

Yeah, I'll probably get him. I already spent over $200 this month though.
PETER IS GOD!Image
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Well I got much more money on my paycheck today. I got g1's Octopunch, krekreono set of Meander,Computing and the 12 krona in that set. I also got Silverhawks Bluegrass mosc and I just ordered Scoria! Can't wait to get him.
PETER IS GOD!Image
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Just pick these two up from my local flea guy I frequent. I think Gears will be giving up his grill for my pre-rub version. I just have a thing for pre-rubs LOL.Image
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Unless you notice a difference on Gears with the date stamp, I wouldn't mess with it, as it's very nice. If you don't like the rubsign you can just peel it off and you are done.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Jose wrote:Unless you notice a difference on Gears with the date stamp, I wouldn't mess with it, as it's very nice. If you don't like the rubsign you can just peel it off and you are done.
Yea it's a tough call because both that one pictured & the one missing a grill are equally nice. The one arm joint on the one in the pic is a tad bit more loose than my grilless one. Either way, they all get played with so whats it matter LOL.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Daca Toys Kronos (MP Jetfire) arrived the other day. This guy kicks ass! Correct scale too, as I have him shown here with my MP-10 Optimus and current line of Autobot cars. Towers over them all (as he should). For $165 it's a steal, Takara would have priced this huge bad boy at least $250 or more. No sense waiting around to fill in your Masterpiece collection when 3rd party companies do a fabulous job at doing so....only MP Autobots I own not pictured is Fans Toys Scoria (MP Slag) who's on another shelf and G2 Sideswipe, who I had to take down to get Kronos in the picture....I need to get a bigger shelf. :lol:

Last edited by Roadbuster on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Wow!, Kronos is massive! I'm not sure if I will be getting him. I did get my Fanstoys Scoria though. He is magnificent!
PETER IS GOD!Image
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

skywarp408 wrote:Wow!, Kronos is massive! I'm not sure if I will be getting him. I did get my Fanstoys Scoria though. He is magnificent!
It's about a 50/50 gamble on getting a Kronos without any defects (QC issues). I got extremely lucky with mine as there are no loose joints or paint issues. Excellent figure, but it's no Scoria! Speaking of Scoria, he's FABULOUS! 3rd party toy of the year, right there! And with all the 3rd party, MP's and CHUG's I own.....Scoria instantly shot to the top of my collection and became the crown gem. I love him THAT much! 8)
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

That guy kicks @ss! Finally a Jetfire that looks like the cartoon. Your MP shelf there is amazing, Roadbuster. I love looking at that pic! Motivates me to switch my collecting in that direction once I get my G1 collection where I want it.

I need to know, because I don't see them in the pic nor seen them anywhere else for that matter, is there a MP/3rd party Jazz, Hound, or Mirage out there? Basically my G1 collection will consist mainly all the original bots from my childhood and the 1st season of the show. I liked SOME of the guys from the animated movie and all but prior to that are my faves. I want a MP/3rd party matching equivalent to the hub of my G1's. Basically saying, "Hey, here's the vintage awesomeness...... now here's the updated modern day super awesomeness" LOL.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

duttry98 wrote:That guy kicks @ss! Finally a Jetfire that looks like the cartoon. Your MP shelf there is amazing, Roadbuster. I love looking at that pic! Motivates me to switch my collecting in that direction once I get my G1 collection where I want it.
Thanks! :D I started off with G1. Filled those in and then moved on to catching up on Classics and Universe figs. And lastly I became a Masterpiece and 3rd party collector. The latter 2 is all I buy now-a-days. And it's hard to keep up, but aftermarket prices shoot the roof once they (MP's and 3rd party) sell out. So it's best to stay current so you won't have to pay through the nose playing catch up. The key is to be selective and stick to a collection plan.
duttry98 wrote:I need to know, because I don't see them in the pic nor seen them anywhere else for that matter, is there a MP/3rd party Jazz, Hound, or Mirage out there? Basically my G1 collection will consist mainly all the original bots from my childhood and the 1st season of the show. I liked SOME of the guys from the animated movie and all but prior to that are my faves. I want a MP/3rd party matching equivalent to the hub of my G1's. Basically saying, "Hey, here's the vintage awesomeness...... now here's the updated modern day super awesomeness" LOL.
Nope, unfortunately Jazz, Hound and Mirage....along with Trailbreaker are in my top 5 (Megatron version 2.0 rounds it out) of Masterpieces wanting made. MP Wheeljack is due out in August. MP Bumblebee is due out around November and MP Ultra Magnus is due out December 2014 from Takara. There is a 3rd party company (Omnigonix) making a NICE MP Sunstreaker that's also due out this fall. And another 3rd party company (Fans Toys) is continuing their MP Dinobot line and plan to have MP Swoop and MP Snarl out this year as well.

Here's a shot of my MP Decepticon shelf, minus Mastermind Creations Hexatron (MP Sixshot), just don't have the room for him right now...even though he is awesome! Those coneheads are made by iGear (and run a fortune now that they're sold out) and the Shockwave you see was made by Fans Toys and is MAGNIFICENT! And currently leads my Decepticon until a better Megatron (scale/proportion) is released:

duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Simply amazing! Thanks for sharing all that. Looks like there's a lot of catch up and coin counting needs done on my part.
Now do ALL of these MP/3rd party bots transform? Kronos there kinda looks like he wouldn't.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

WOW, nice, Roadbuster!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Sideways wrote:WOW, nice, Roadbuster!
Thanks! :)

@duttry: Yes, it's fully transformable. Looks great in alt. mode too! :wink:
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Got several this week. Mp Sunstrom at toy r us online, Generations Cosmos, Swerve at a toy show Saturday and finally Targetmaster Scouge mib. Just need Targetmaster Blurr to finish the line.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I bought these 3 figures (still in my POL at BBTS) over the past couple weeks. Warbotrons Bruticus, of which only Blast Off (Air Burst), Brawl (Heavy Noisy) and Swindle (Sly Strike) are released so far. Vortex is due out hopefully towards the end of September with Onslaught following in November. Overall, I highly recommend this set. It's a HUGE combiner, scaled to go along with the Masterpiece line. I'll soon be selling off my FansProject Bruticus which fits more with Classics, anyone here wants him just give me a shout!

duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

I have no idea what they go for, but shoot me a price then RB.
Thanks
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

duttry98 wrote:I have no idea what they go for, but shoot me a price then RB.
Thanks
The FansProject Bruticus I have up for sale? $150 shipped anywhere in the US. You get the full combiner, Munitioner and Crossfire sets w/boxes and more weapons (shotguns, knives, exc) that fit a 5mm port than you'll ever be able to use! 8)

The Warbotron guys (limbs) run $88.99 each from BBTS. Onslaught's bigger and will run a little more ($114.99? or $119.99?).
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

I got pretender bumbelbee, action master bumblebee and the gobots series part one on dvd
PETER IS GOD!Image
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

I tell ya what, you guys keep flashing these gnarly looking 3rd party guys and I MIGHT have to sell off my g1 collection and start collecting these. I love the "show accuracy" these things possess.

Cool gets, Skywarp. I've been meaning to add the GoBots to my dvd collection as well.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

duttry98 wrote:I tell ya what, you guys keep flashing these gnarly looking 3rd party guys and I MIGHT have to sell off my g1 collection and start collecting these. I love the "show accuracy" these things possess.
That's the way to go now-a-days. G1's are steadily declining in value (unless you own something super rare and complete... like the Japanese G1's) while 3rd party figures are SKYROCKETING in value once online retail stores sell out. Not only do they look better and have more poseability but it makes more financial sense too as selling them to make your money back (sometimes doubling or tripling your investment) isn't hard at all to do.