New toy purchases

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Re: New toy purchases

Post by SentinelPrime »

I just received this very cool G1 Optimus Prime Transformin Pen!

THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Nice! I think I saw Peaugh review that. Looked cool then. Looks cool now.
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Alright spill the beans, Hoss!!! Where did you get that? I have to have one!!!!!
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Here is some pics of my collection:

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

I found this third party G1 Art Feather Bumblebee figure I think it is pretty cool.

skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

I remember that third party Bumblebee. The coloring matches the cartoon better I think.
PETER IS GOD!Image
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Phone camera isn't the greatest, but I got Fans Toys Sever a couple days ago. Met a guy on Ebay selling him. Turns out he lives 6 miles from me and went to pick him up!

PETER IS GOD!Image
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Awesome collection! And nice pick up, SW. Tell me something, what's your overall opinion on FT's dinos? I'm currently locked in for GC's Shuraking, but he'll be in gestalt mode forever. I'm looking for dinobots to display individually as well.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Fan Toys Dinobots are very cool, HOWEVER...they WAY out of my price range. I would probably get them if the price was right. However a coupl of years ago I purchase these cool Dinobot figures:

KO Grimlock Godzilla figure and these cool Prehistoric Dinobots. The Prehistoric Dinobots had every figure accept for Swoop. So...I custom painted and modified a G1 Swoop figure to match the set.

skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Some of those KO Dinobots can be quite expensive. They are great KO's for the "weird" factor.

As for the Fanstoys Dinobots, I paid under $200 for the 3 of mine brand new. I've seen Swoop on Ebay listed for $175. They are very well constructed figures. I'd like to see if Hasbro/Takara attempts to make a better masterpiece figure. I'm looking forward to Fans Toys Stomp aka Sludge.
PETER IS GOD!Image
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Got my Takara Legends Megatron in the mail. He's basically a masterpiece in my opinion. I got a terrific deal on him and like this version better than the new American one. His older and much smaller legends size one is hitching a ride.

PETER IS GOD!Image
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Very nice! :) Legends Megs looks great! I don't have that one yet. But, I do want! Is that the one that works with the MP molds?

Today I picked up Devy from TRU. Haven't opened it yet tho. And, yesterday Hot Spot arrived.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Hmmm... last haul post was 8/14. I haven't bought a ton considering it's been almost a year but I've had these come in during that span:

Cubex Huff (MP Huff)
Bad Cube Brawny (MP Brawn)
MP Bumblebee
DX9 Invisible (MP Mirage)
KFC E.A.V.I. Phase IV Metal Transistor (MP Blaster) w/Hifi Cassette
Fans Toys Tesla (MP Perceptor)
DX9 Chigurh (MP Astrotrain)
X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Got KFC's Reflector on pre-order and can't wait for him. MP Tracks is going to look damned good in between Blaster & Perceptor too... been a good year so far, for the most part. Hope the 2nd half stays the same. :D
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Very cool Roadbuster.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Yeah Roadbuster, very cool. :shock: You save any money for your wallet? lol

Here's some CW Devastator pics (with Huffer for size comparison):

Devastator!!!!

Devastator Attacks!!!

Will Optimus Prime & his Autobots save Huffer?!?
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Thanks everyone. @Countdown- over the past 12 months, I actually sold a lot more than I bought for a change, which was nice. And that Devastator is pretty sweet! It scales perfectly with your other figs too. 8)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I seem to have a huge problem letting go. I'm impressed that you are selling 'em as you feel the want/need. In fact today, I ordered a fourth display cabinet for the figures (and made a promise that the figures would live in said cabinet and not around the home).
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I parted with all my vintage figs and CHUG's. Kept (and still collecting) all the MP's and 3rd party figs. I've scaled down to 3 display cabinets at the moment but will have to get a 4th soon, myself.
Dai Atlas
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Dai Atlas »

Today I grabbed Legion Class (PeeWee) Ultra Magnus and Skywarp to go with the Optimus I got a few weeks ago. Now that makes three of these Legion Class guys. I really like them and actually want to find more of them. I like their scale a lot will come in handy when I go looking for playset for these guys. Moving on I also grabbed four mystery packs of the Kre-O Transformers and came out with Slipstrike, Brake-Neck, Sandstorm, and Demolisher. These are my first little Kre-O formers and they are pretty neat, not sure if I will continue to invest in them or not but I would like to find Rodimus. I also grabbed New 52 Darkseid and New 52 Superman, I really love the New 52-verse. Finally I grabbed Batman, Bane, and Mr. Freeze they are around the 4-4.75 inch size. Out of my humble purchases today I think the Legion Class Transformers are my favorite and my search for more of them is on!

There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
-John Lennon
Dai Atlas
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Dai Atlas »

Today I grabbed Legion Class (PeeWee) Ultra Magnus and Skywarp to go with the Optimus I got a few weeks ago. Now that makes three of these Legion Class guys. I really like them and actually want to find more of them. I like their scale a lot will come in handy when I go looking for playset for these guys. Moving on I also grabbed four mystery packs of the Kre-O Transformers and came out with Slipstrike, Brake-Neck, Sandstorm, and Demolisher. These are my first little Kre-O formers and they are pretty neat, not sure if I will continue to invest in them or not but I would like to find Rodimus. I also grabbed New 52 Darkseid and New 52 Superman, I really love the New 52-verse. Finally I grabbed Batman, Bane, and Mr. Freeze they are around the 4-4.75 inch size. Out of my humble purchases today I think the Legion Class Transformers are my favorite and my search for more of them is on!

There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
-John Lennon