New toy purchases

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I paid $115 for my MP Megs
The MP Megs is a lot like our friend CM here.
relatively cheap but not easy
:wink:
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

SentinelPrime wrote:Just received this today! It's a Mint conditioned Diaclone
Pre-Transformers Triple-Changer Helicoptor Robo.
He was never released into the Transformers toyline. He changes from robot to plane to helicoptor. The stamp on one of his wings states: Takara Co. LTD. 1980-1984 Japan. Stickers were unapplied and the missles are still attached to the tree! :D The only downer is the blades do not detach when in robot or plane mode. Esp. in plane mode it's a little unbalanced due to the blades.
Nice one, Lance... Nice one.

(Another which is high on my want list!)
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

A couple more new arrivals that came today - MP3 Soundwave and Ramhorn. I was thinking of selling the Ramhorn, but I think I'll keep him and continue to collect the cassette-bots;

Jetfire is a robosexual
Trailbreaker
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Trailbreaker »

Including shipping and handling I paid $83.00 for my MP Megatron, so I'm pretty happy with it. Now the question is: do I want to pay big bucks for Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker? I can't wait to see the Grimlock!
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Great finds everyone! Sunstorm esp. love the MP-3 Soundwave! Thinking of investing in getting one. How's the overall quality? Will it house and work with a Ipod? My son has an Ipod, thought this Soundwave might make a good x-mas gift! :)

Time Traveller...yeah I wish sometimes we all lived close enough to visit and actual see everyone's cool collections! I've got a Diaclone G1 Black Omegatron (Supreme) figure coming and snagged a mint G1 Japanese Artfire (recolor Inferno), Mint G1 E-Hobby Red Road Rage(AKA Tracks), two KO G1 Mirages, (Clear & Black Versions), four Super Gobot Figures: Staks, Destroyer, Raizor, Baron Von Joy, and finally a Animated Bumblebee all coming soon! Will post pics as I get them!
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Hey Sentinel,
The MP3 Soundwave is definitely worth your attention - especially if you collect the Classics range of TFs, as his overall height is a little smaller than a G1 version, making him visually fit in with the Classics range very well. He works using a SD memory card - I've just ordered a 4gb one, though I seem to have since read that he may only be capable of reading up to a 1gb card. Until the 4gb card arrives, I can't confirm/deny this. His build quality is very good and his transformation is very neat and smooth. When in walkman mode, he fits together very snugly and looks the business. If you really search around, you can get one for pretty cheap, depending on the colour you go for. The white and blue ones tend to go for more (around £35-£45), which is why I was more than happy to settle with a black version as it only cost me £21 with shipping included. 8)

Although I haven't listened to it's sound quality and such yet as I need to wait for the memory card (he doesn't come with one...), I can almost guarantee that this definitely isn't a substitute for an ipod, nor is it compatible in any way with an ipod. However, I'm confident it will be pleasantly surprising when I do get to listen to him... I currently use a 40gb i-river mp3 player myself and can't see this replacing it, but it will be a fun talking point to take out every now and again.
Jetfire is a robosexual
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Thanks for the great inof Sustorm! Mucho Appreciated!
Shrapnel
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Shrapnel »

SentinelPrime wrote:Just received this today! It's a Mint conditioned Diaclone Pre-Transformers Triple-Changer Helicoptor Robo.
Very cool find, Sentinel! Why don't we have a drooling emoticon for moments like this?
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Another zoid (s). This time an ultimate siesmo.

shown here is what the kit actually makes not just one zoid but four. Styluarmor, Scissor Storm, Laser Storm and Seismosaurus.

These can be combined [or fused] to the Seismosaurus. If you combine Scissor Storm and Laser Storm with it you get the Ultimate Seismo:

Alternatively you can combine Styluarmor with the Seismosaurus, which gives you the Berserker Seismo:

(Only two zoids left to arrive now. The japanese release of the genobreaker and the japanese only release Gairyuki )

The Seismosaurus is very long but not overly big. Madthunder and the Deathsaurer are a lot bigger.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Great hauls Deszaras, Sunstorm. :D

....I really want a Soundwave Mp3-player.
By the way... how big is he in cassette deck mode?
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Just checked the mail today...I received my mint G1 E-Hobby Road Rage (AKA: Red Tracks) It goes well with my original Blue Tracks:

Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Wow! I really like Road Rage, Sentinel - the purple of his missiles, wings and head work really well. (adds to the enormous list of Sentinel's TFs that I must have) :lol:

Des - your Zoids collection astounds me. It's grown so fast! I really want to buy a good size one to stand with my large TFs Uni, Ult-BB and Scorponok. I think I like that Redhorn the Terrible, but didn't I see you post a black coloured version?

Minerva - yeah, he's awesome. I've taken a photo in comparison to a G1 Soundwave, so you can see the size difference. Face on, he's pretty small and convenient looking to carry around, but then you notice his thickness :x :shock: It's pretty thick and not something you'd slide into your backpocket easily :roll:

Jetfire is a robosexual
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Sunstorm wrote: Des - your Zoids collection astounds me. It's grown so fast! I really want to buy a good size one to stand with my large TFs Uni, Ult-BB and Scorponok. I think I like that Redhorn the Terrible, but didn't I see you post a black
Zoids are mostly very inexpensive. [and so are easy to get] Some are a bit rarer and hence more expensive. (example the genobreaker costs the same as the deathsaurer and more than the ultimate seismo.

And yes there is a black version of the Redhorn. Called Dark horn.

(note the gatling gun seen on the one i posted is an upgrade kit. {which I still have three spares})
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

He's still an awesome piece Sunstorm!!

Des...you've gone Zoid Crazy!!! Love the awesome four figure combiner Zoid!!
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

I really do like the Redhorn one... I've just seen this one. Is it well priced, Des, or is that too much?
Jetfire is a robosexual
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Sunstorm wrote:I really do like the Redhorn one... I've just seen this one. Is it well priced, Des, or is that too much?
the normal one is cheaper than that one.

If do you want that white version though its a good price for it.
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

I'm gonna see how much ££ i got after a few of my auctions end before I get the white red horn.... I just got this one and this one though, starting off my Zoids collection 8)

I'm also looking at bidding on a Krark and a Liger too... your Zoids pics have tormented me for long enough, Des :lol:

Can't wait for my first two to arrive so I can get to assembling them

EDIT - just took a look at the seller auctioning those white red horns, and he's got a Dark horn - here. I can't decide now :?
Jetfire is a robosexual
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

ah bio zoids. I like what This guy OcellatedStingray said about them:

They specialize in flexibility and scaring the living bajeezis out of small children.

A nicer starting point being as they are some of the most simple to construct zoids. They lack motors and have a nice sound chip in them [making a roaring noise when a button is pressed]

{in fact bio volcano was my first zoid as well.}

if you want the dark horn, with the beam gatling gun (which can be $40 each) being included (with that version having the original glow in the dark canopies and body) thats a god price for one.
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

Sunstorm wrote: starting off my Zoids collection 8)
Weren't you preparing for the wedding?Lady Sunstorm will crack your cranial cortex :P
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Sunstreaker wrote:
Sunstorm wrote: starting off my Zoids collection 8)
Weren't you preparing for the wedding?Lady Sunstorm will crack your cranial cortex :P
lol - yeah, well so far I've added a good chunk of money to the fund and I haven't bought many new items for a while, so we both decided to treat ourselves a little. Don't worry, it cost me 6 Care Bears for Mrs S too :lol:
Jetfire is a robosexual