New toy purchases

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

It arrived today!!! :D Here are pics of my rare find G1 Japanese Artfire!! He's a repaint of G1 Inferno, but he's a targetmaster and comes with a little sidekick! Don't know what the little guy's name is, it came with no paperwork! :cry:

Shrapnel
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Shrapnel »

Here are my latest buys (Incinerator is from my friendly neighborhood Wal-Mart, the rest from the thrift store):

Anyone recognize the little black vehicle? It's marked "Takara".

And how about the weird paper crane head thing? Is it a Power Ranger piece?

Shrapnel
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Shrapnel »

Ramjet wrote:The black vehicle is part of the Gats Blocker, or 14-in-one. It's got a couple different names.
Thanks for the info, Ramjet!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Actually Shrap, i might be interested in the gats hand... i'm slowly completing one myself. The crane is part of a samurai-style megazord, i sold one at the garage sale a couple years back. i think it's like shogun megazord or something like that.
Shrapnel
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Shrapnel »

Time Traveller wrote:Actually Shrap, i might be interested in the gats hand... i'm slowly completing one myself. The crane is part of a samurai-style megazord, i sold one at the garage sale a couple years back. i think it's like shogun megazord or something like that.
Thanks for the info on the paper crane thing, TT. As for the gats hand, shoot me a PM and we can talk.
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

SentinelPrime wrote:Also has anyone ever heard of or seen this particular Jr. Headmaster figure? He's called Go-Shooter. He's a repaint of Jr. Headmaster Siren. Beside the color change, he is a police car vs. fire chief. The only info I could find on him was this:

http://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/ ... rMIB1.html

***Here's a couple of pics of him. When I receiv him, I'll post more pics:

Sentinel I hope this helps...
Function: Rescue Commander
Transformation: Police car
Abilities: Boasts a speed of mach 8.5 in Police car mode. In his microcomputer, he has input from all sources regarding data on criminals.
Weapons: Plasma Power Rifle, Plasma Gun
Final Attack: “Psychic Burst” - At incredible speed, he kicks non stop so fast that he is a blur to his opponent, delivering direct hits.

Card Info:
-Codename: Goshooter
-Code Number: C-301
-Level: 54
-Origin: Japan
-Profile: A juvenile overflowing with a sense of justice. The leader of a soccer team, with a sense of sportsmanship. In matches, he is fair and square and doesn't fuss over things much, but will go into a frenzy and forget himself over cowardly attacks.
6, 7, 6, 7, 7, 9, 6, 6
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Commander Megatron wrote: Abilities: Boasts a speed of mach 8.5 in Police car mode.
Damn! That's a fast car!? :?
Jetfire is a robosexual
Commander Megatron

I just noticed that Sunstorm, damn 8.5 for a car. He is faster than the decepticon jets!! That must be a mix up in translation.
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

either that, or they were just over-zealous with their figures.... I bet whoever wrote it didn't even know how fast mach 8.5 is....

haven't we only just developed planes that fast in the past 10 years with scramjet engines and such? (I bet TT can help with that...). I know a little about it, but not enough to start talking like I know everything.... :roll: :lol:
Jetfire is a robosexual
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Zoids Genobreaker. I really like this zoid. As you can see he comes with a set of cannons and different head plates. So you can either use the booster killer claws backpack or the canons and alternate the head accessory.

He also comes with a small painted Shadow figure as seen in the zoids: chaotic century and zoids : guardian force cartoon. (Note that the american hasbro version DID NOT come with the shadow figure)
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

I have that one saved in my watchlist on ebay - one of the many things I want Mrs S to look at around christmas :lol:

He's an awesome looking Zoid - I assume those huge blades chomp up and down when he's turned on?
Jetfire is a robosexual
Commander Megatron

Sentinel, the name of Artfire's gun is Fracas, same as Scourge. Stepper's gun was called nightstick, same as Cyclonus.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Sunstorm wrote:I have that one saved in my watchlist on ebay - one of the many things I want Mrs S to look at around christmas :lol:

He's an awesome looking Zoid - I assume those huge blades chomp up and down when he's turned on?
The large claws are manually posable [and can chomp on smaller zoids if need be.]. he walks forward waving his arms when turned on.

He's easily the most complex zoid I've ever built with more than 120 components on his many sprues. All of the spare weapons and headparts are left overs from the underlying genosaurer kit of which the genobreaker shares all of the parts [So you can make a red genosaurer]. [but you don;t get the kilelr claws with the genosaurer.]
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Wow, he must be a complex build if he's the most difficult one you've done. He just looks awesome - great purchase Des!

Mrs S has made an offer on a Mad Thunder for my birthday - if the seller accepts it will arrive and she will slip it away before I get chance to build it. She's already stolen one of the Bio Zoids I bought, the tyrranosaurus... she's hidden it so I can't build it *huffs and stamps foot* :lol:
Jetfire is a robosexual
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Thanks Commander for the bio info on Go-SHooter and his sidekick! :D

Is he an upgrade of Siren? What Siren destroyed?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Mach 8.5 = 6,470 mph = 10 412 km/h

Manned Air Speed record: SR-71 @ 2,194 mph.

Unmanned: Boeing X43A air-launched (from a parent plane) @7,000 mph.

The people who threw all the random #'s in transformer techs are silly and clueless, but the japanese tend to be even sillier. like "final attacks"... why not just do that all the time?
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Thanks for that TT - I somehow knew you'd know some more actual details... I've seen some footage of that unmanned vehicle being launched using a pretty hefty looking rocket 8)

Do you know much about this supposed Aurora plane? I started reading some stuff on pulse detonation engines, and my brain coped with understanding the aircraft shape helping it use the sound barrier to almost literally "skip" across the sky, but do you think that it's even possible, or was it just smart sounding BS that I was reading!? The donut shaped trails that are supposed proof of the aircraft seem to tie in with what I was reading, but I know to take anything unconfirmed with a massive pinch of salt :roll:
Jetfire is a robosexual
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

donut shaped.....? like ufo stuff?

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

No, like smoke rings from a rhythmic output of exhaust gasses.
I don't know much about this Aurora, but pulse jets are no fiction, they were pioneered in the '40s and powered the V1 "buzz bomb". The buzz was because of the high frequency fuel detonations.
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

ok so I havent post my new vuys in a while cause I hate having to upload to photobucket (LAZY) but I did anyway so here are some of what Ive taken pics of more to come soon :)

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".