Lamest Transformer ever?

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Lamest Transformer Ever?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:00 pm

Ratchet
No votes
Bumblebee
No votes
Beachcomber
No votes
Cosmos
40%
Seaspray
20%
Warpath
20%
Astrotrain
No votes
Reflector
No votes
Sky Lynx
20%
Perceptor
No votes

Total votes: 5

JoePerry
Throttlebot

Lamest Transformer ever?

Post by JoePerry »

This Poll is for the lamest transformer ever. Now I guess this would be for the character and not the figure, as I am sure we would all love a mint Reflector. So, is it Bumblebee who you were so glad to have melted into the sun :D , Perceptor who was the C3PO of TF :shock: , Seaspray who sounded like he was gurgling mouthwash :lol: , Cosmos the green UFO :roll: , etc...

I left a bunch out who never really appeared in the show...

Best,
Joe
________
Bubbler pipe
Last edited by JoePerry on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I had to vote for Sky Lynx only because Wheelie was not on the list.
Die Wheelie Die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody will cry
If Wheelie will die

Post by Guest »

Galvatron wrote:I had to vote for Sky Lynx only because Wheelie was not on the list.
Die Wheelie Die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody will cry
If Wheelie will die
I had to take Wheelie off for room :wink:

My vote was for Warpath, as lame as all the guys on this list are, nobody annoyed me as much as Warpath. The fact that all Warpath was was this mini POS tank that wanted to fight everyone and thought he was so tough - even though he got his @$$ beat everytime... *argh* Wheelie could have beat him down.

I must say though, everytime Prime would say "Autobots, roll out" and Perceptor would pop little wheels and drive off, I would die a little inside. A friggin microscope driving with Porshe's and such. *argh*
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

After thinking about it if you did put Wheelie on the list, the poll would be unanimus. It's the only way Wheelie can get people to vote for him. 8)

Wheelie says, "Vote for me I won't be sore...
I have no clue what this poll is for!"
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

cosmos? comon guys. he ought to go back to roswell. little green men do not deserve to be transformers. and a literal flying saucer is the most ucnreative spacecraft design there could be.
JoePerry
Throttlebot

Post by JoePerry »

Time Traveller wrote:cosmos? comon guys. he ought to go back to roswell. little green men do not deserve to be transformers. and a literal flying saucer is the most ucnreative spacecraft design there could be.
Cosmos' character design is one of the worst (if not the worst), but he did not annoy me in the same way as Warpath. He is horrible though. He reminds me of that lame movie "Batteries not included". What were they thinking?
________
HAWAII MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
Last edited by JoePerry on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Galvatron wrote:After thinking about it if you did put Wheelie on the list, the poll would be unanimus. It's the only way Wheelie can get people to vote for him. 8)

Wheelie says, "Vote for me I won't be sore...
I have no clue what this poll is for!"
btw... nice one. i laughed my rear off!
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Meh... I don't think that cosmos is that bad. I mean, it plays on cliche and cliche is not always bad.

Well now... as for the worst... hmmm... where do I vote. After looking over all of these fellows I'd have to go with Seaspray.

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe
Challoner
Targetmaster

Post by Challoner »

Goldbug...."oo look, I'm Bumblebee - cept shinier and more arrogant". Just what was needed, an arrogant 12 year old.
"That which does not kill you will only lead to your eventual demise at an old age from a related series of complications."
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

yeah. and if you ask me, goldbug had an uglier mug than bumblebee too. and how come he got a new name? plenty of chars were rebuilt but didn't get new names. ultra magnus for example why not call him Ultra Magnus Junkion Remix? sorry. random tangent.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

(Rebirth) When Goldbug almost fell off that cliff or when that huge spider almost killed him, I really had my hopes up. Change him back to Bumblebee at least.

TIME TRAVELLER wrote...

"btw... nice one. i laughed my rear off!"

PS... Thanks for the reply Time Traveller
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i seriously do need to invest in teh rest of the dvd sets, all the episodes i've seen were recorded g2 eps, about 20 6hr tapes of em. unfortunately, they never much played eps after 1986 here. i have only seen a few postmovie eps. but besides, i think some of the classics like masquerade, trans europe express, and kremzeek are really what made the series.
Challoner
Targetmaster

Post by Challoner »

Uglier than this? Image

Thing is, the actual toy didn't look so bad - his face had a mouth visor rather than lips and looked alright. Goldbug was just a heinous rebuild with no charm whatsoever. You couldn't even pity Goldbug for getting himself in trouble.
"That which does not kill you will only lead to your eventual demise at an old age from a related series of complications."
Challoner
Targetmaster

Post by Challoner »

Er, okay...so it's a tough call on whether he got more hideous or not:

Sub-poll?
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

The only reaason I like Bumblebee is because it is my very first Transformer ever. It was back in 1983 I was 8 years old.
The head don't stay on well and he don't stand up anymore but I will not get rid of it or replace it. Too much sentamental value.
I bought Goldbug and the rest of the Throttlebots. My 2 year old daughter likes to play with them and make them crash.

Got to start them out young.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

ironically, i confess goldbug is the only throttlebot i don't have. i have to order one from trance when i get my other stuff. the thing is, in the cartoon, bumblebee had the chubby-cheeks little guy face to go with the chubby cheeks little guy personality. when he was goldbuggified, the face no longer matched his personality. *waits for chorus of mumbles of consent*
(ha! my posting has turned a full 180... lol)
Challoner
Targetmaster

Post by Challoner »

Goldbug got a slightly downgraded personality - especially in the comics. He became just plain overconfident and cocky - whereas before he always knew he sucked and was a burden (from the first ever comic he was a bloody burden).
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Time Traveller wrote:cosmos? comon guys. he ought to go back to roswell. little green men do not deserve to be transformers. and a literal flying saucer is the most ucnreative spacecraft design there could be.
Hey, don't make fun of my ship! i swear, when my people find you, we'l-- i mean, ha ha! Yeah! Little green men aren't real! Flying saucers are stupid! Put them together, and little green flying saucers are really stupid!

Actually, i only vaguely remember part of one episode with Cosmos, and he was kind of bumbling around (and made me think something along the lines of "So that's what a robot would look like if he ate too much"), but he successfully infiltrated a space-based Decepticon mining operation (or something similar, i forget exactly what was going on) and returned to Autobot HQ with evidence--a bit of the ore the Decepticons were collecting--that a giant space monster was going to get loose on Earth and start eating skyscrapers. Which it did anyway, although Prime convinced Omega Supreme to set aside his vendetta against the Constructicons to fight off the monster. Unless i'm confusing two or three episodes and jumbling them together, which i half think i am. i'm rambling. i'll try to stop. But you know, me, Perceptor, Threepio--it's not easy for us to clam up.

As for the Bumblebee/Goldbug scenario, i liked the personality profile from Goldbug's packaging more than the profile for G2 Bumblebee (i believe G2's repaints had the same text from the G1 profiles?), but on the show, Bumblebee went from unafraid of anything to Goldbug the crybaby coward. (And even i don't know why Optimus Prime thought renaming Bumblebee was a good idea.)

You know, maybe i'm not cut out to think negatively about Transformers in this context. It's been so long since i've been immersed in Transformers that a lot of what i remember is sort of idealized rather than remembered the way it really is.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

*gets big metal chair with handcuffs, and opens up the lid to the vat of transformerology* perhaps it's time you paid a visit. *sniffs* ooh, i just got a whiff of the scraplet story arc....
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

It appears that Cosmos wins due to the fact that we all stopped voting.

Cosmos, the lamest Transformer ever!