Nominations for best ever TF figure!

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Triple-changer

Post by Triple-changer »

I've never owned any of the really cool tfs, but I've played with some before, ages ago. This is my list.

Skyfire: got cool colors, great design, quite poseable, looks damn cool! Plus when you were a kid, he was friggin huge, atleast twice as big as most other tfs. He has cool accessories as well as a sweet looking gun! Also technically he's a triple changer as well, if you're familiar with Robotech, you know that he's got that 3rd mode where he's a jet with arms & legs.

Optimus Prime: Good color scheme, great transformation design, definitely is taller & brawnier looking than most other tfs, plus his gun looks really cool! I'm pretty impressed with his level of articulation, except he can't sit down, then again that applies to 99 % of them, lol!

May have more later.
Blitwwing_83

Best TF ever

Post by Blitwwing_83 »

My personal Fav growing has to be SHOCKWAVE. He lights up and makes cool sounds and is a spittin image of the cartoon character. 2nd and a very close 2nd is OCTANE I know he was only in 2 maybe 3 episodes but I always thought he was awesome especially cuz he hung out with Sandstorm and switched sides, Last Im going with PERCEPTOR great toy and life like size. An I wanted to thank the dude that finally answered a 15 year old question for me now I know why he had tank tracks on his legs I would sit there for ever an try and figure how to transform him into a tank somehow.

1.Shockwave 2. Octane 3. Perceptor
LaFountain
Throttlebot

Post by LaFountain »

I agree with many of the posts. My personal favorites are Skywarp, and Hot Rod. Hot Rod was as is just plain and simple a cool looking car. Skywarp looked cool and he has a special place with me since he was my first Transformer. The fact that I now work on the F-15's also adds to that special Skywarp coolness to me.
*scream

Post by *scream »

Has nobody mentioned Gnaw???? His tail was a weapon and he had CHROME TEETH! on a scale of one to awesome... Gnaw gets a Radical.
Spike
Powermaster

Post by Spike »

i might go with omega supreme.. Omega was able to walk as a robot and then in city mode the tank drove around the tracks.. real cool. Once transformers started to incorporate batteries and robotic movement, i think they took a huge leap forward. plus he had that awesome hand in the form of a grapple and a cannon on the back of his head, need i say more. he is definitely one of the favorites in my collection.
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

What about trypticon He was a cool toy big and easy to manage. I suppose i have to nominate megatron as well. not for the robot mode but for the guns he turned into. did anyone else realise that the fusion cannon fitted onto optimus primes' arm as well?
Spike
Powermaster

Post by Spike »

yeah trypticon is cool.. he also walks, which is an added bonus... as for megatron, yeah the silencer, scope and shoulder piece, in gun mode he definitly is at the top of the list.
Commander Megatron

fave tf

of course he is. its me!! scorponok was an excellent toy also, again the transform mode was excellent, better than the original robot which was a bit clumsy. he was still my favorite toy tho.
Spike
Powermaster

Post by Spike »

it's funny the way time changes things... i remember being a kid and getting soundwave and just thinking, damn this is cool. now i take into consideration today's technological advancements, soundwave is a really cool transformer, but today he probably would be a working ipod or some shit... still, he was real cool when i first got him... the eject feature in his chest was a big thing to me... well, i guess you can get a sense of the type of childhood i went through.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

hey, my mechanical fascination with them is what made tf's my life's work.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I know this may sound silly to some of you but my favorite TF figure is probably little ol' Bumblebee. He is sometimes so underrated. Always being known as small and weak.
I remember as a child, pinching him between my little fingers and making him roll around and trying to sound like a volkswagon.
He was my very first Transformer and the reason why I'm still buying and displaying today.
I got him back when TF's were first released in the early 80's I was about 9 yrs old.
21 years later and I still have him.. and a bunch of his friends.

His head is broken, he don't stand anymore and I think the rubber tires are from Turbo (of the Go-Bots). But to me he is priceless due to sentimental value.
If I can make it possible, I am going to have a little tiny coffin made for Bumblebee so that he can be buried with me when it's my time to meet engineer... "just kidding..... maybe"

Like Spike says"" today's technological advancements""
Some kids today look at Bumblebee and think "BORING"
*sigh* that's sad.

That little yellow plastic toy is one of the best things my mother has ever got for me.
"Thanks mom. Love and miss ya."
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Me so silly.
I just realized that I already answered this Forum about 2 years ago.
Go to page 1 and see what my answer was 2 years ago.
I still believe in both of my answers.

Then I find out that I have been doing these forums for over 2 years now.

Man-oh-man, I need to go outside.
Commander Megatron

favourite tf figure

were could you go outside who would understand the tfs now a days? the originals are so underrated. aqlthough i hate and it kills me to admit it but the powermaster prime aws one of my all time favourites. im pointing my fusion cannon under my chin 'cos i gave them all away!!!! there was over a 100. damn im so stupid.
Spike
Powermaster

Post by Spike »

just like megatron, crying after defeat... you have provided an invaluable service to some youth, some unknown who otherwise wouldn't have had those toys... you must look at the good that you have done when you handed over those precious transformers, think of the smie on a little boy's face as he opened the box to reveal all of those loved toys...
or
you should be kicking yourself, cause that's a pretty stupid thing to do.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Yeah, those kids probably melted all of them.

FIRE!! FIRE!! FIRE!! FIRE!!

I only had about 5 originals in my youth.
I had a couple Go-bots and a Voltron.
Then a bunch of generic crap I melted myself.
Commander Megatron

tf figures

Thanks spike and galvatron, i really am ready to take my head off with this fusion cannon!! god that was a dumb thing to do. he probably did melt them down you know..... BOOM!!
SoundWave
City Commander

Post by SoundWave »

Best one ever??????? Would have to be SOUNDWAVE!! Of course!!!
Commander Megatron

Next to your mighty leader of course Soundwave...
SoundWave
City Commander

Post by SoundWave »

Oh yes commander!
Commander Megatron

thats better.