New TFs =)

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

gounc14
Decoy

New TFs =)

Post by gounc14 »

Just got the Alternators Smokescreen from wal-mart, and despite being rediculously hard to transform, he completely rocks! =) That and I've got a g1 metroplex/silverbolt coming in this week, both c9 complete =) Just wanted to tell someone, kind of excited =)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

gratz. the fact that he's a tangle to transform (especially properly) is the best part. metroplex is beefy, and silverbolt is one of my favs. got the rest of the aerialbots? if you got those from matt, the silverbolt was probably mine at one point...
gounc14
Decoy

Post by gounc14 »

E-Bay, and I'm gonna be piecing together a Superion for my next project, after I'm hoping for Piranacon, then I'll be forced to divert my attention away from gestalts, cuz that'll be almost all I have lol =) Can't WAIT to transform metroplex for the first time ;)
Savanna RX-7 GT-X
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Savanna RX-7 GT-X »

You Like the Smokescreen #1, your gonna drule over the remade version, if it ever gets out of Japan that is.
gounc14
Decoy

Post by gounc14 »

Hmmms for those of you with superion, how's the fitment on the Superion head/chestpieces on silverbolt? I'm thinking I might have gotten knock-off accessories, because they're all slightly too small to fit right...
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

so your silverbolt is authentic, but you suspect your parts aren't?
gounc14
Decoy

Post by gounc14 »

Pretty sure, its got the die-cast chest, joints are a little loose, but I think I can fix those.....the chest piece and the head don't fit at ALL, so thats my guess at least =P
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

if the chest plate is stark white, it's fake. it should be a teeny bit off-white. a little darker than fireflight's wing.
gounc14
Decoy

Post by gounc14 »

mmmmm definitely fake, maybe time to start trading for superion accessories, anythign I can do to tighten up the tail a little bit? I've tightened every screw with a normal sized screw driver, still a couple of minor loose joints I want to try and eliminate.
gounc14
Decoy

Post by gounc14 »

Mmmmm on the other hand, metroplex just got here, and he's AWESOME, nice tight joints, all his accessories, no discoloration, great chrome, rubber wheels =)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

rubber wheels? oh, you suck. however, i just got two missles, completing my metroplex, who, though plastic wheeled, is in great condition.
gounc14
Decoy

Post by gounc14 »

Awesome =) I'm enjoying him so far, though I really want to get silverbolt's accessories and tighten him up a little....I guess I wanna get too many things at once...I mean I've got the money but I don't know if I'm willing to sacrifice a season of snowboarding for a few tfs =) So here we go....which of the following would you guys rate the best next purchase...keeping in mind that I have Bruticus, Metroplex, and Silverbolt so far...and that I intend to complete superion soon. So Devastator, Predaking, Piranacon, maybe more bases? Just wondering which tfs you guys have enjoyed the most ;)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

well, i'm a gestalt man myself, but some of the bases are cool too. devastator is a must-have, cus he's such a memorable character, and has a cool toy, too. just be careful the constructicons are particularly fragile figures. i just traded in a complete set of parts (minus ramp) to matt for silverbolt, so check the store for that.
right now, i have all my gestalts on my shelf, ironically. *looks at them*
computron and menasor are my other recommendations, just make sure your menasor is in good shape. for some reason, menasor looks the worst of the gestalts when he's in bad shape, i think. computron is really flashy in good shape. and predaking, if you can afford him, is a good time, especially since the individual figures display so well.
more later, maybe, now's movie time. see ya'll.
Chris
Decoy

Post by Chris »

Mmm, i agree with tt about computron. i'm so excited, i've got strafe coming in the mail right now, he should be here any day. :) i bought him from "wheeljackslab" on ebay - that guy's crazy. he sells one hell of a lot of stuff! also from him, i bought snaptrap, breakdown, thrust, and skullcruncher minus the head. :(

i should also be recieving a wheeljack and an ironhide from "mrfroms". although, it's taking forever. geez, i hope it didn't get lost in the mail, that would suck!

so. my new tf's (aside from the aforementioned) include cliffjumper, cosmos, brawn, windcharger, alternators sideswipe, and a knockoff megatron from china. i'm actually quite pleased with the latter, he looks remarkable as a knockoff. i wonder how good the fake blitzwing is?
megaprime
Powermaster

Alternators?

Post by megaprime »

Well, my parents bought me some Transformers back to 15 years ago. About three months ago, I started collecting G1 Transformers vintage toys. I have never paid attention on other lines of Transformers. Alternators? I heard about them, but never tried to spend money on those products. Maybe i will take a try.
G1 Transformers,
the incredible creatures,
nothing else can be better,
WE LOVE THEM FOR EVER.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

alternators are an excellent investment, and the only new tf's a lot of g1- only collectors will buy.
Savanna RX-7 GT-X
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Savanna RX-7 GT-X »

Alternators are so god dam nice. But I do have Smokescreen, Side Swipe, Silverstreak, Hound, and Dead End if that dam 10-11 Wal Mart processing ever ends.
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

You MUST give Altnernators a try.

BTW, in regard to the Metroplex discussion earlier, I have an incomplete Metroplex I'm looking to get rid of.
So, in Transformers, Les Claypool is God?