Where to Sell?

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Shanti418
Powermaster

Where to Sell?

Post by Shanti418 »

My parents spend hundreds of dollars on transfomers, and all I have now is a plethora of random accessories as proof of purchase. I've been catagorizing all of them using the database. I've got SOME G1 figures from my childhood that I'm looking to sell (Ramjet, Starscream, Seacons, Metroplex, a couple of throttlebots, etc.) and some I'm not sure I want to give up (Ratchet, Trailbreaker, a slightly busted Jetfire, etc.) in addition to the accessories. Anyway my question is: Where should I sell these things? To transformerland? Ebay? Through forums? Somewhere else? Money is not important, as I'm looking to funnel whatever I make back into buying different TFs. I'm basically restarting my collection, but streamlining it and giving it direction and purpose so I don't run around and start buying everything. What do you guys think?
So, in Transformers, Les Claypool is God?
Chris
Decoy

Post by Chris »

I'd gladly take Starscream off your hands. Ooh, and Overbite, if you have him - he's the only seacon I don't have. :)

Seriously, though, ebay would be your #1 choice if you were looking for money. But since you're not, transformerland is a good option. that way, many of us transfans can easily shop for required parts here. also, both ebay and transformerland are safe - you most likely won't get ripped off by someone. selling direct (one-on-one) involves a much higher risk of getting ripped off.

I like the fact that you've got a direction with your collection - mine is just "buy whatever you can"!

But hey - if you're willing to trade or anything like, that there are many people online here who are interested. what other transformers are you looking to sell?
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

Thanks for the reply Chris. I definetly think I'm going to go for Transformerland. That way, I can get store credit, and other Transfans can, like you said, more easily and quickly help themselves out.

Even though I'm going to have a direction, as of yet, I don't actually know what that direction will be. I know that I'm looking to collect all the Op/Meg/Galvys in all lines (US only). I know that I'm looking to collect post G1 Decepitcon planes that use the names of the the G1 seekers. And I know I don't want any gestalts, or any mincars/mini spies/micromaster. After that, I don't really know.

So I'm going to hold on to Starscream for a bit, I think. I'm going to make sure that I really want to release him. Not until I catagorized everything I had did I realize that he's only missing a few accessories, so I'm thinking about keeping him. But I'll sell you the Overbite. He's got all the accessories and is NM. He IS missing his leg and fin stickers, though. Based on the price given for Seawing on transformerland.com and the price (if C 8) on

http://www.coldhardslag.com/cgi-bin/db. ... exacttoy=6 , I'd say $20 plus the shipping cost. Whaddya say? I THINK I can borrow my friend's digital camera if you want pics first.

Post by Guest »

I hear you about Starscream. I'm the same way with my Ramjet - just a few parts away from being 100%.

That's an interesting (and refreshing) aim for a collector - all OP's, Meg's and Galv's. i wish you luck with that, my friend.
as for myself, I'm heading towards a Season 1 and 2 collection (cars, minibots, planes, insecticons, dinobots, constructicons, airialbots, and stunticons). They're my favorite characters and toys of all time. period.

of course, my reason for getting overbite is because I have all the other seacons. (except snaptrap - but he should be in the mail right now.) and since i have much more autobots than decpticons, it's nice to have a complete, evil gestalt to balance the sides. :)

$20 plus shipping sounds fair - i'd like a picture or two, though, if you wouldn't mind. pretty please! i just want to make sure - besides, i like to keep a record of everything i buy online and so far i have pictures of everything.
Chris
Decoy

Post by Chris »

I hear you about Starscream. I'm the same way with my Ramjet - just a few parts away from being 100%.

That's an interesting (and refreshing) aim for a collector - all OP's, Meg's and Galv's. i wish you luck with that, my friend.
as for myself, I'm heading towards a Season 1 and 2 collection (cars, minibots, planes, insecticons, dinobots, constructicons, airialbots, and stunticons). They're my favorite characters and toys of all time. period.

of course, my reason for getting overbite is because I have all the other seacons. (except snaptrap - but he should be in the mail right now.) and since i have much more autobots than decpticons, it's nice to have a complete, evil gestalt to balance the sides.

$20 plus shipping sounds fair - i'd like a picture or two, though, if you wouldn't mind. pretty please! i just want to make sure - besides, i like to keep a record of everything i buy online and so far i have pictures of everything.
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

No problem. Give me a day or two and I'll have 'em for ya.
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

Okay, let's see how this goes:

Post by Guest »

cool, looks amazing.
if you don't mind though i think i'm going to hold off, if just for a couple of weeks, until i get two packages i've already ordered (mom has a problem with me "wasting my money" on things in the mail).
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

I'll put 'em on hold for you. I'd rather do a trade than cash though. Any figures in your collection you're looking to part with?
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

I'll put 'em on hold for you. I'd rather do a trade than cash though. Any figures in your collection you're looking to part with?