Identification Help

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Shanti418
Powermaster

Identification Help

Post by Shanti418 »

What's up everybody. I need some help identifying some unidentified transforming robots.

1. A Groove that has TF stickers, but has red wheels and seats. It also has a gray engine as opposed to chrom and has blue, yellow, and red paint detail on one side of the engine.

2. An Onslaught and a Drag Strip that are both differently colored. (sorry, saw them at a garage sale and didn't pick 'em up. I'm new at this whole collecting thing) that have little black longhorn/steer stickers on them.

3. A G1 car sized green transformable tank. Made mostly of metal, and says Bandai - 1983 in English and an Asian language.

Thanks in advance. From my own knowledge, I'd guess that the repaints are some sort of foriegn release, like Taiwan or Korea. What's the value of these types of items (esp. loose) to the average collector? Is there a market for them, or are they only worth picking up if YOU want them?
So, in Transformers, Les Claypool is God?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

First off, welcome aboard. your groove sounds like a nobrand remake they've been putting out lately. so do the onslaught and drag strip. onslaught has three official colours: g1 dark green, g2 yellow and purple, and RiD green and orange. anything esle is false. the tank is a gobot. does he have rubber tracks, a metal body shell and an adjustable cannon angle? if so, i know exactly the gobot, but can't think of his name offhand. i will look it up.
if the recolors are in fact no brand releases, then they have little value. the gobot may be worth something, but they still don't run as high as transformers value wise. i'm not sure where you could price him.
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

Thanks for the welcome. Happy to be here. And thanks for the info. The thing that threw me off about Groove is that is has a rubsign. I picked up a First Aid at the same time that also has a rubsign, which as far as I can tell doesn't have any noticable differences from a normal First Aid.

As for the tank, I checked out http://www.toyarchive.com/Gobots/Regula ... llery.html , and according to that list, I think the one you're talking about is Traks. The robot I saw was a much darker green than the Traks they show. Additionally, he was made entirely of die cast metal. And his treads were silver, not black.

Ah well. I got a fake Groove, a possibly fake First Aid, and a Superion Foot (what it was doing in there I have no idea) for a buck, and I got a Trailbreaker, Seaspray, and Takedown for twenty bucks. The Trailbreaker alone was worth it. I ALWAYS wanted that thing. It's got some wear and tear, but I love it just the same. lol
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Aaah yes, Trailbreaker is one my first Transformers I got when I was a kid.
Still got it too. I need to buy another one for parts though.
The chrome is badly worn and the head broke off about a week ago :(
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

Okay, here's another question: What is the TFU Skywarp a repaint of?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

okay. big problem here. this list LIED. those are only gobots of that size produced. there were deluxe ones, and i know exactly which one you have. skywarp is a repaint of RID storm jet, formerly BM jetstorm (small version)
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

Ah yes, here it is. Same site, different page.

http://www.toyarchive.com/Gobots/SuperG ... royer.html

You know, you kind of forget, but those Go-Bots really really really really sucked. They make mini cars look like Masterpiece Optimus Primes. It's like they made a whole bunch of toy cars, and then a couple of months later decided to make them into robots.