Fortress Maximus Varaitions

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

endgame

Fortress Maximus Varaitions

Post by endgame »

I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer. I have a Fortress Maximus and noticed that it's time stamp is 1986 instead of 1987 which I thought was when it was released. I've spend some time looking into this because I just discovered there are three variations of Bruticus. I'm unable to find any information in relation to Fortress Maximus. The time stamp reads Hasbro/Takara/Macau 1986. It's extremely heavy because of all the metal parts. Is this a US version??? Can anyone clarify this for me... I've always loved transformers and just recently got into collecting them. Thanks.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

characters are very often stamped with the year previous to their release. they are often dated the year the casting design is created, not the year they are distributed. variations rarely arise from stamping differences, the three bruticus variations are because the small character chestplates were either metal or plastic, and a couple of them had a diffrent colour (i.e. swindle had either a purple or grey chest).
i will check my own fort max when i get home for christmas and post again.
endgame

Post by endgame »

What I've researched so far is that there is metal and plastic version and then another plastic version where all the combaticons are slightly lighter in color which I guess is the one you mentioned (chest plate color differences). I checked my other transformers and their date stamps are consistent to the release date. Hey, do you remember the cost of Fortress Maximus when it was released? Thansks for all your help.