Astotrain and his 3 differant colors

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Blitzwing_83

Astotrain and his 3 differant colors

Post by Blitzwing_83 »

The one thing that really has ticked me off since I was a kid is Why in gods name is astrotrain WHITE in US versoins. I can not understand this I mean yea sure if you want to spend $200.00 to go and by the Jap version then you can have the real colors of astrotrain. But then I saw that they has a black and white astrotrain version in Japan now. Why wouldnt they release the real version in the US and give Japan the messed up version. I dont even think astrotrain was in the jap cartoons. The ones I saw they didnt even look like the US transformers except for Prime. Well if anyone knows why Hasbro and Takara did this feel free to leave an answer.[/b]

Post by Guest »

There was never a cartoon accurate version until last year when e-Hobby released a now very rare grey Astrotrain. Before that, the only versions were the normal U.S. version, which was closest to the cartoon, and the black and white Japanese version, which was nothing like the cartoon. Japan also got the U.S. version in the toy's second year.