Which Base bot is the best?

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Which one should I try to get?

Omega Supreme
29%
Metroplex
14%
Trypticon
14%
Fort Max
43%
Overlord
No votes

Total votes: 7

Ravage

Which Base bot is the best?

Post by Ravage »

Which toy is the best? I want a "base" bot, but I'm not sure which one I should try to get. Which would be the cheapest? And which in your opinions are the best toy?
KMMA1978
Throttlebot

Post by KMMA1978 »

If your going for cheapest Metroplex, if your going for fun Fortmaxx is in my opion most fun,of course you left off Scorpinok. and Omega is great if you can get one that complete.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

I always liked Omega Supreme. He was my favorite in the 'toon, and I loved the motorized actions in both modes.

Post by Guest »

Well, Scroponoc I ddnt want. Yet at least. Are there any of these that'll come out as re-issues in the next couple of years you think?
KMMA1978
Throttlebot

Post by KMMA1978 »

keep dreamin
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

I hope not :?
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Grab a Omega if the money is not a problem

Post by Jose »

I had on my hands some time ago an Omega Supreme and it has provided a quick response to me! Altough I think Metroplex and Trypticon because the minicars fit inside them (and because I watched Scramble City!), the color scheme Omega has is very beautiful. Red, yellow and gray. I also like the claw detail, it really can grab something (I don't leave the toys there just to look at)! And it's even better if is a working Omega. My two cents.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl

Post by Guest »

They won't be rereleasing fortress Maximus because he failed the drop test. Thats when they test a toy by dropping it from head hight. Apparently he exploded. I kid you not. It was in Toyfare.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Re: Fort Max

Post by Jose »

Would you let a kid to play with a Fort Max? If it doesn't explode when falls, it could harm a little child seriously. A Fort Max should be released as a toy for adults. By the way, I readed that the main reason to not re release the Fort Max was its size. The people at Hasbro noted that the large scale Beast Machines didn't sell well, so they associated this tendence to the size. So they didn't bring the RiD Fort Max to the US due to that.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Yeah, but with the success of Unicron, I wonder....

Fort Max is definately too big for a little kid to play with (probably younger than 8 or 9). I still hurt myself sometimes transforming him what with the squeezing and the pinching :oops:

Anyhow, I think Hasbro should get some more original ideas instead of just reissuing the old stuff. Take Alternators for example, I can't wait to get my hands on those things.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Unicron....is awesome. I've been collecting since i was three (back in 89) and have been waiting for such a toy. As for basebots, i've got metro (complete), trypsie(no parts... augh!), and scorp (no parts). i've had an opportunity to play with a max, and he, by far is the coolest. of those i own, metro's many accessories kind of flesh out the otherwise bland modes. loaded down with guns, the battlestation IS pretty intimidating.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

DEAD TOPIC REVIVAL
after owning a Fort Max for a month, i reiterate him as my vote in this dicussion. he's intricate, and doesn't depend so heavily on accessories as the others do. omega for example, almost has to be complete to run right. also, max's size allows him to accomodate larger transformers as a city, which is kinda the point. and after reading the explosion story again, i'm not buying it. i've done extensive structural examination (considering the school i'm going to is an engineering school) of him, and i think he is one of the sturdier constructed toys. not only are the joints industrial strength, and often reinforced with metal parts, all the parts lock each other in place, to prevent breakable danglies. consider his robot mode. the center ramp not only locks into his back, but the tower halves lock into his sides AND the ramp for extra hold. meanwhile the tower halves' motion is limited by teh presence of the arms at the side in robot mode, unless he is throwing his hands up for a "W00T" or something. so either the one they dropped was made w/o the metal parts, or even a different, light grade plastic. like the cheap plastic i had troubles with on those armada toys. *grumbles*

another base bot story:
my beloved trypticon has proven his toughness. one day in my youth (i was 8 or 9, and already a long-time hardcore collector) my dad was garage saling for tfs at this place that advertised toys. as is our practice, he arrived early, before the sale's advertised time. as he was walking up the gravel driveway, one of the residents leaned out the door and hurled a dark grey object by the tail onto the gravel next to a table. he went over and inspected, recognizing as a TF. he asked what they wanted for it, and the owner passingly said "eh, a dime" for the "piece of junk" no other tfs were found, so my dad paid the dime and came home with the thing. of course, it was trypticon, with no accessories. upon inspection, there was no real damage to the toy, breakage, or otherwise from being thrown several feet from the house. it only took my mom and i 2 hours to clean it up enough to look presentable. later in 1996, i paid ten times the original amount (a whopping $1) for a battery cover/tail at a stand in botcon (chicago @ clarion hotel).
Last edited by Time Traveller on Sat May 31, 2008 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Honestly dude.. you'd love the yard sales around here... Maybe you should come... *note to self... make that a definate and not a request*

An entire dime though eh? Big spender you are.

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe
SMASH

Post by SMASH »

Time Traveller wrote:DEAD TOPIC REVIVAL
after reading the explosion story again, i'm not buying it. i've done extensive structural examination of him, and i think he is one of the sturdier constructed toys. so either the one they dropped was made w/o the metal parts, or even a different, light grade plastic.
OR, you could do the ultimate test to be sure, and drop him from the head down. :wink:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

not only would i not drop my own, but i'd have the head of any person who'd deface such an artifact in that way. :wink: