Who's able to answer this question for me? Thanks in advance

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

megaprime
Powermaster

Who's able to answer this question for me? Thanks in advance

Post by megaprime »

Hey, folks:

We have been talking about how upset we are due to G1 Arcee, as she has never been produced along with G1 toylines.

Come to think of it, how come she has never been designed and produced by Takara or Hasbro? I mean, why that? It wouldn't be that hard to get the job done, right?

More importantly, she is one of the major characters in G1 storyline. Consequently, she should have been there as a toy, just like Kup, Springer, and Blurr.

Alright, who know the ultimate reason for that, would you tell us? :roll:
G1 Transformers,
the incredible creatures,
nothing else can be better,
WE LOVE THEM FOR EVER.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

someone once made an Arcee I think Matt had it on this site a long time ago.
It wasn't Hasbro or Takara just made by some smart dude.

The only reason I can think of why she was never released as a toy is because Transformers were mainly a boy based toy and I don't think many boys would ask mom and dad for a pink girl transformer.
If I ever had one as a kid I wouldn't let my friends know about it LOL.
But I wish I had one now. I could tell my friends "This one is my wife's"

Girls fans of the time would like to have one I'm sure but it's all about sales. Money talks. Besides the girls of the '80's had Care Bears and stuff and not much of them were into Transformers at the time.
It is a sexist issue but that's how things were done back then.
How many boys of the '80's wanted a Care Bear?

I'm not sure this is the answer you are looking for but it's my personal reason. At least it makes since to me.
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

This could be the Arcee you're talking about. It's probably the most famous Arcee kitbash out there.

http://tfarchive.com/fandom/kitbashes/arcee/index.php
So, in Transformers, Les Claypool is God?
megaprime
Powermaster

Cool

Post by megaprime »

I knew the one above. Without a doubt, that's the bomb. I believe nowadays every G1 TF fan out there wants to own an Arcee toy, I mean the original character.
G1 Transformers,
WE LOVE THEM FOR EVER.
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

So I take it you didn't like Energon Arcee very much.
So, in Transformers, Les Claypool is God?
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Yup that be the one. Shanti418
Wouldn't that be a sweet item to have in our collection.
I think we should keep writing to Hasbro and Takara and give them non-stop aggravation until one of them (or both) finally give us what we want.
We all waited long enough for Unicron and now we need Arcee.
Then after Arcee we need to request Alpha-Trion & the Quintessons.
Our G-1 collections will never be 100% complete until we have these items in our hands.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Hmm....Since the third season was not my favorite, I really don't care too much about Arcee. But I would like to see a toy, or something, about that crane truck which rescues Hound on the first episode "more than meets the eye", after he is shot by Laserbeak. At first I thought it was Grapple, but no...And it will maybe remain as a mystery.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

That's Hauler you are thinking of and he only appeared in the first episode for a few seconds. There is a Transformer out there that was just issued out not too long ago. It's a green repaint of Grapple and is named Hauler.
I read some stuff about it, it's a Construction green and is supposed to be the 7th Constructicon that turns good.
A transformer I would like to see is Defcon. He is a bounty hunter searching the Galaxies for Decepticons and only appeared in one episode. I think it's "The Gambler"
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Hey, thanks for the reply, I think I will have to accept it as the closest answer, because the crane in that episode is yellow...But since this always happens in comics continuity, I will be able to live with it, haha.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Defcon was definitely sweet. in one of my season two dvd boxes, one of my animation cels was of defcon. only thing is, we never see him transformed. while we're at should-be characters, how about eltia-1 and her team, alpha trion, and some alternate junkions?
#1transformercollectorWW

Why wasnt arcee released

Post by #1transformercollectorWW »

The reason Arcee was never released by hasbro or takara is because someone else owns the Pattent name kinda like they had to change bluestreak to silverstreak. They couldnt release her due to they could be sued. They even had the prototype built back in the early 80's it wasnt too bad either, she had a small white gun too. They also made 3 Qwintisons and a few other Junkieons. They Junkieons were Bad ass too. So anyways there is your reason folks.

#1TransformercollectorWW
megaprime
Powermaster

Re: Why wasnt arcee released

Post by megaprime »

#1transformercollectorWW wrote:
The reason Arcee was never released by hasbro or takara is because someone else owns the Pattent name kinda like they had to change bluestreak to silverstreak. They couldnt release her due to they could be sued. They even had the prototype built back in the early 80's it wasnt too bad either, she had a small white gun too. They also made 3 Qwintisons and a few other Junkieons. They Junkieons were Bad ass too. So anyways there is your reason folks.

#1TransformercollectorWW
Really? The first time ever heard of it. Damn, it does make me feel sorry.
G1 Transformers,
WE LOVE THEM FOR EVER.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

tfcollectorWW, i am interesting in seeing the source of this information. i was at botcon back in '96, and someone asked the hasbro reps about that, and we got a very different answer. plus if there really are these junkion prototypes, i want to see them! ithey sound sweet