i need help to ID a serie to find a toy

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Alexandros

i need help to ID a serie to find a toy

Post by Alexandros »

I recently heard about another series besides tranformer that shown robots transforming, maybe it was a side serie, but i need to ID it to find a transformer.
the descriptions of the tranformer in question is this one, it´s purple with gold claws, the transform figure it´s a spaceship.
the serie didn´t had the autobot and decepticon distinction (that i know of) and one of the character was a robot that transformed in a helicopter.
if anybody has info about it PLEASE tell me.

thanks.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

YOU MIGHT BE THINKING OF "BATTLE OF THE GO-BOTS"
TRY SURFING THE WEB FOR GO-BOTS
PUT A PIC OF YOUR TRANSFORMER GUY UP SO WE CAN GET A GOOD LOOK AT IT.
THE GO-BOTS MAIN CHARACTERS OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD WERE...
LEADER 1 (JET)
CRASHER (RACE CAR)
TURBO (RACE CAR)
SKOOTER (SKOOTER)
CY-KILL (MOTORCYCLE)
AND SOME OTHERS ONE WICH WAS A HELICOPTOR BUT I CAN'T THINK OF THE NAME.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

The Gobots had silly names, but I think the toys are very well made. OK, I accept that most of their robot modes was also bad, but their transforming modes were just beautiful....I love both Porsches especially, the Baron Von Joy and Herr Fiend. They are heavy models of a Posche 911 (930) and a 928 respectively. Most of the parts was die-cast. In my opinion, they have been unfairly loathed by many Transformer fans, but they existed prior to their cartoons as well it happened with Transformers.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Ervin

and it was also stupid

Post by Ervin »

lets not forget that the gobots (shudders in fear) where at onetime humans that *gasps* turned envoled to robots

Post by Guest »

Another funny thing about the Go-Bots cartoon is that the characters only moved in the same manner that the toys were able to. I am pretty sure that I never saw any of their arms bend on the cartoon and of course none of the toys did either and when they transformed they transformed just like the toys.
LaFountain
Throttlebot

Post by LaFountain »

It almost sounds like the two that you are talking about are Pathfinder and Cop-Tur. They had some very original names as you can tell. I didn't like the Go-Bots all that much but I did have a few, as my parents thought they were of the same line even though they were a different name. The only one I really liked was Turbo.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I HAD TURBO, CRASHER, SPACE-C AND ANOTHER ONE
I LIKED THE WAY THEY LOOKED COOL AS THEY MELTED

BEING A LESS FORTUNATE CHILD... I ONLY HAD ABOUT 5 ORIGINAL TRANSFORMERS. THE REST WAS GO-BOTS AND OTHER GENERIC CRAP.
BUT THAT HAS ALL CHANGED. I HAVE NO GO-BOTS OR GENERIC CRAP ANYMORE.

TRANSFORMERS VS. GO-BOTS

EVEN WHEELIE HAS A GOOD CHANCE OF WINNING A BATTLE.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i don't know. the gobots definitely had way too many lameass names. however, they can be redeemed in that they had high quality toys. some of their stuff was pretty cool, while other stuff was a little kiddish. all of them had a lot of diecast parts, and most all vehicles had rubber wheels. it was a widely varied line with a core of what we'd now think of as "basic" and "deluxe" figures. they had one particularly cool combiner made of six cars all named after puzzles. they were a corvette, countach, datsun z (#?), mercedes (#?), and a porsche 911. the set was unique because it didn't require accessories to combine, like tf's. as a matter of fact, the line was mostly accessory free. it made them easier to collect secondhand, but also meant that they don't look armed in robot mode. in the show, most fired lasers from their hands, like megatron in the ep where he gets the heart of cybertron. those of you who are familiar with post-g1 tf's will note that hasbro absorbed the name "go-bot" in g2 and used it flauntingly several times since. this shows me that this was the only competition hasbro was actually concerned about...
also note use of some other gobot names. i.e. armada megatron's minicon is called "leader-1", if i recall, and that's the name of the gobot "guardian" leader, an op-prime-ish character.

my personal collecton contains two boxes of gobots, including duplicates, and one box of all sorts of other knockoffs you guys have probably seen but never heard of. (five-star, select, moto-bots, tomy, and other brands of bandai).
i might add my first transforming toy was an orange moto-bots dump truck, which i still have (of course). my parents bought it cus i liked construction machinery, and it bridged the gap, and soon i loved transforming robots more than construction machinery. by the time i was four, i already had a number of moto-bots and a large sum of secondhand tf's!