How to COUNT your TF's

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

How to COUNT your TF's

Post by Galvatron »

We need to make a decision.
When we count our TF's, should we also count HEAD / TARGETMASTERS?
If so, Mindwipe and his head would count as 2
Then with the bases, like Metroplex, would he be counted as 4?
Metroplex / Six-Gun / Slammer & Scamper

If we count each named figure as a different TF i just broke the 300 mark and currently have 310 Transformers.

How many do YOU have?
C'mon, don't be lazy!
Get to counting!!
I'll wait :wink:
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Do we count broken or in complete ones? What about ones we own but have up for sale? Also what about ones with separate vehicle that don't transform? Like the 4 vehicles that come with powerlinx optimus.
Overlord
City Commander

Post by Overlord »

i have an excel pivot table that does all the calculations for me. Basically, when i got into the situation of trying to figure out what the actual number is, i divided it into two categories:

1. "Character's category"
2. "Figure's/collector's category"

1. is self-explanatory; i.e. mindwipe is 1 character, TM hotrod is one character, etc.

2. this is from a more economic standpoint. For example if you never got G1 Brainstorm when it was originally released and were looking to buy it on the secondary market (meaning, from trance, from ebay, whatever) you would have to get arcana and the actual brainstorm figure. Suppose you bought the brainstorm figure today, and suppose you saw the arcana for a reasonable price and bought it 3 months from now. Well in that rational I have purchased 2 figures, which happen to combine into 1. So the body counts as one figure, and the headmaster/powermaster whatever counts as another.

For combiners, i count each individual component, and the gestalt. For example i have all 6 constructicons, i count them as 7 figures, with devastator as the 7th. This is so i have a distinction between having 5 constructicons or even having all 6 vs. having all 6 plus the proper accessories to make devastator.

basically, it's the same general principal. you may have individual parts which transform independently from one another (arcana, brainstorm body). However, you must get all the individual parts, and in the case of the combiners, the necessary accessories, to make the 1 aggregate transformer. independent transformers + the aggregate transformer = total number of TFs

so i calculate by both methods. method 1 is the more "realistic" method but method 2 i use to match up my expenses for each figure, if i end up getting them one part at a time, to figure out how much i've spent on each "figure" to get the whole, overall "character"
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

Without counting HMs/TMs/PMs as seperate figures and without KOs,i i must have something like 203.About 90% are G1 (or reissues).If i count them seperately and add a few i don't care about (such as a G2 Snarl i left at my GFs house),i'd say about 230.I have a full list somewhere but i still need to update it (i'm waiting for some stuff).
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Oh dear, I really dont want to go count them all. If individually counted, mine may run in the 300s as well
R.I.P. Menasor
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hmmmmm I just sold a whole lot recently (anything not near mint :P :roll: and all my movie TFs ) so I would say like 200ish :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Piranacon
Undersea Warrior

Post by Piranacon »

at last count (about a year ago) and counting head masters and bases and what not as one figure.(i count combiners as there individual robots devistator=6) i was at about 2212 but that number has grown by a bit no exact number atm though

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Man! All you guys are giving me a MAJOR headache!!! :shock: If i were to count all the little individual figures that make up the combiners i have and all the headmaster and target master figures, and the the robots WITHIN robots such as the bots that make figures like RoadCaesar, etc... man I'd guess-ta-mate well over 3000 figures!!! :shock:

If you don't count all the little individual figures and you just count the combines as one complete figure I have over 2000 figures! We're talking over 25 years worth of collecting!!! :wink:
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

342 Tf's (38 of which are OP's)
138 Other transforming lines and KO's (excluding GoBots and Rock Lords)
94 GoBots
19 Rock Lords
Overlord
City Commander

Post by Overlord »

Ramjet wrote:342 Tf's (38 of which are OP's)
Surprising. fortunately we can be quite confident that you have more decepticon jets than primes :wink:
Overlord
City Commander

Post by Overlord »

Piranacon wrote:at last count (about a year ago) and counting head masters and bases and what not as one figure.(i count combiners as there individual robots devistator=6) i was at about 2212 but that number has grown by a bit no exact number atm though
SentinelPrime wrote:Man! All you guys are giving me a MAJOR headache!!! :shock: If i were to count all the little individual figures that make up the combiners i have and all the headmaster and target master figures, and the the robots WITHIN robots such as the bots that make figures like RoadCaesar, etc... man I'd guess-ta-mate well over 3000 figures!!! :shock:

If you don't count all the little individual figures and you just count the combines as one complete figure I have over 2000 figures! We're talking over 25 years worth of collecting!!! :wink:
LOL. you guys must either have one of three situations:
1. A room (or rooms) dedicated to mainly house TFs, with the odd chair/small table/tv in the room
2. TFs perched on every single corner throughout the house, such that there is no great concentration in any one place
3. Storage has taken some or most of them away from the house

An interesting challenge. I'd never be able to fit more than 500....MAYBE 1000 at the most, in my apartment here in Manhattan.
Piranacon
Undersea Warrior

Post by Piranacon »

well i have converted my garage into a transformer room (and i belive SP has as well) its a two stall garage with room for 4 cars. i also have a TV and all of my gameing systems out there (looking for a couch atm lol) and i should have some updated pics soon i hope

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Yeah, mine are all housed in our double car garage. I have a big ledge at the front of the garage. I have four glass cases full (ALL out of the box) and need another case, but don't have the room for it! My garage is a larger than normal size two car garage. Still have room to park two cars inside! :wink:

The only thing I don't like about having them in the garage, is they being exposed to extreme cold or extreme heat in the summer. In the summer I try to keep the garage door cracked and the back door to the backyard open to keep a breeze going thru so it doesn't get as hot! I've also taken out all the batteries in my electronic figures so it doesn't corode the battery compartments! :D
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Perceptor
Alternator

Post by Perceptor »

Just 85! :lol:

All of the G1 '84s, all of the G1 '85's (except powerdashers), G1 Reflector (3), Bumper (aka Bumblejumper) and G1 Bruticus (5).
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

Last I counted, which was about a year ago I had 234... I've added at least 100 to that since then.

This thread has now made me want to go count them though... :?

It's gonna suck.
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
evilone
Powermaster

Post by evilone »

i only has 3 :cry:

derrick has about 300 ish
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

About 420 plus the statues, animated, books and whatever else.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Well this took me a while. It looks like I have 241. More than I thought!
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

Overlord wrote:
Surprising. fortunately we can be quite confident that you have more decepticon jets than primes :wink:
I only have 29 'Con jets/planes.
Overlord
City Commander

Post by Overlord »

Ramjet wrote:
Overlord wrote:
I only have 29 'Con jets/planes.
hmm. well, at least i have half as many overlords as i do primes.