TT's Quality Control board

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

TT's Quality Control board

Post by Time Traveller »

It has recently come to attention that the gold-swirl plastic on transformers is unusually brittle. this plastic is used on G2 slingshot, electro, and G1 bristleback, slog, and i'm sure a few others. i was painfully aware of this, when my g2 slingshot cracked a chunk off of his back, where the tail bar attaches. i repaired the piece, but i now know of four other places where bits are missing. mind you, there is no reason any of these should have broken as they did. also, a while back, when transforming monstructor, the front of brisltleback's fist just fell off in my hands. a rather odd but clean break, and there was no visible stress fracturing, or any other sign. i successfully (and seamlessly, i might add) repaired him too, but it is the same plastic as on the other aforementioned figures. the plastic seems to break along those really light swirl lines. so. if you have a fig with this stuff on it, be particularly careful, especially of small tabs or protrusions. i don't know what it is, but every once in a while, a certian colour of plastic seems particularly brittle like that. and remember, kids, excessive force not necissary!