different constructicons...

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

gregory

different constructicons...

Post by gregory »

how many different variations of the original mold of constructicons was there? i have complete devastatorg1(green) and a set of (uk i think) yellow constructicons that dont actaully combine. you could combine them kind of but scavenger doesnt have the metal bit on his chest that joins him to hook. is it http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 69645&rd=1
THIS?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i don't know of any constructicon mold variants, and i know there shouldn't be one where they don't combine. now i'm not intimately familiar with the UK G1 reissues, but i doubt they'd leave a piece like that out. I'm thinking perhaps scavenger is broken.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I don't know how many, but I have seen that set for sale earlier, I don't remember if it was here or somewhere else; and it's an European G1 version.

Variations exist mostly for two reasons: One, because manufacturers realize that certain mold has to be modified for multiple motives, such as safety, branding (check, if you have spares on a G1 figure, the differences on the copyright marking, I will post a picture later), licensing (early Downshifts say "Celica" on the rear, while later ones don't, for example), the molds wear out, etc. And the second, which is dreadful, is just to make completist collectors crazy, like Mattel did and does with Hot Wheels and now with Matchbox.

I have found a quite good site about variations, but they don't have the Devastator case: http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vdiaclone.html

Enjoy carefully, searching for variations can be quite expensive!
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Here is a minor variation on Thrust. Note that one has the Hasbro lettering.

And this one also came in the mail today from Brazil. The usual Brawn is green, against a tan version:

Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl