Zone Transfomers?

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Masterchief
Noob

Zone Transfomers?

Post by Masterchief »

Hi, i recently picked these up from a local collector who is giving up and moving on in life (that his statement)

He says there are hard to find. As i dun have much info about them, would like to ask whether they are considered 'hard-to-find'? Thanks
I also think they are not 100% complete and in that case, would the missing parts be hard to find?
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/ ... owered.jpg
[url]
Overlord
City Commander

Re: Zone Transfomers?

Post by Overlord »

Masterchief wrote:Hi, i recently picked these up from a local collector who is giving up and moving on in life (that his statement)

He says there are hard to find. As i dun have much info about them, would like to ask whether they are considered 'hard-to-find'? Thanks
I also think they are not 100% complete and in that case, would the missing parts be hard to find?
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/ ... owered.jpg
[url]
They are indeed hard-to-find. They're japanese exclusives that were released in 1990 Sonic Bomber, Dai Atlas, and Road Fire (left to right)..parts are VERY hard to find. Are you selling them? I may be interested if you are 8)
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

I'm interested too! Bidding war!
Masterchief
Noob

Post by Masterchief »

Thanks for the info bro.
I think i would hang on to them and enjoy for a while longer...

Thanks once again
Overlord
City Commander

Post by Overlord »

Cool.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

FYI, they look to be complete... the only parts I can't verify as being there are Dai Atlas' tail fin, and "pipe". But they're probably just hiding?

Also, Sonic Bomber is missing some stickers.
Other than that, it's a nice set... you know they combine (in vehicle mode), right?

Nice set, worth a good amount of cash... if you decide to sell, be sure to drop Overlord or me a line.

EDIT: Looked it up. In the last 90 days from Ebay, looks like the set would be worth a bare minimum of $300. The maximum is hard to say, possibly as much as $600 if you got lucky. Does your friend have anything else left? ;)
EDIT Part Two: Of course, that assumes these are legit, and not Korean. I haven't looked closely enough to verify that.
EDIT Part Three: Ooops! Technically, you're also missing the 3 Micromasters that came with them... Sonic (white car), Speeder (black car), and Drill Buster (drill tank). Double check with your friend, and see if he has them! (They'll set you back at least $20 each if you *really* want to complete them... they don't come up often, and can sometimes go for more)
Overlord
City Commander

Post by Overlord »

Edit 4: These three figures also came in the "Big-Powered" gift set box. A mammoth sized box. A MIB big-owered gift box i saw sold for almost 1000 bucks. cheaper to get them individually on their own, but the gift box is at a crazy premium, much like the computron and abominus gift set boxes are, relative to just buying the figs individually. perhaps the original owner may have boxes for them? i'd ask him if i were you...
Masterchief
Noob

Post by Masterchief »

I think you are right. More research on the web revealed that im indeed missing all 3 micromasters and for dai atlas, the pipe, drill and tail-fin.

Dai Atlas is legitimate and not the Korean KO C-888! Mine friend still got the torn box C-348

Anyway, i do have some trouble with the Sonic bomber, as it can't stand properly. The leg spurs (tw orange guns) that flipped out are loose

in regard to the boxes, he only has the torn dai atlas box which i rejected. He purchased the other two separately a long time ago in Tokyo.

You guys are really helpful. Thanks
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

WOW! Very cool scoop there! It took me forever to find the two smaller bots for Dai-Altas. But my persistent paid off and I found them too! :D
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Damn it, Damn it, Damn it!!!!

After looking at those pictures and the decals on the Dai Atlas - I am sure my Dai Atlas is the knock off version. My decals were clean off the sheet and didn't look anything that nice. And my Dai Atlas pegs are loose to all get out.

:oops: :D Anyone want to trade there legit for my ko? LOL
Oh, well live and learn!!
Soundbluster
Throttlebot

Post by Soundbluster »

Don't sell them for anything unless you desperately have too. They are rare and look fantastic. Remain as one of the rare few who have all three even if they are missing parts
greatshot
Targetmaster

Post by greatshot »

Countdown wrote:Damn it, Damn it, Damn it!!!!

After looking at those pictures and the decals on the Dai Atlas - I am sure my Dai Atlas is the knock off version. My decals were clean off the sheet and didn't look anything that nice. And my Dai Atlas pegs are loose to all get out.

:oops: :D Anyone want to trade there legit for my ko? LOL
Oh, well live and learn!!
Sorry for the late reaction to this topic.

The dai atlas is indeed a c-888. The wing on his head is white, only c-888 has that. Also beneath his feet there should be markings "takara".

I own a big powered giftset and have all 3 members mib.
I made a review of dai atlas quite some time ago because I couldn't find out which parts were from dai atlas and which were from C-888.
If you want to be sure what you have bought. Check my review.
http://shockwave.forumup.nl/about2142-shockwave.html

I hope photobucket will free up my account tomorrow.. Currently the bandwith allowed is exceeded... :evil:

It's written in dutch, but you can check the parts. A lot of sellers complete their vintage dai atlas with c888 parts.. Happened to me a few times.

Roadfire and sonic bomber both look good (no discoloration).

I dont know if you own the "triple power battlestar combo". But you can make one huge plane with 5 of those members.

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb82 ... attlestar/