question about WST

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

audionmotionink
Alternator

question about WST

Post by audionmotionink »

I have a WST pepsi prime. i was just looking at the figure itself and i see a printed message stating "not for sell" on the right (facing you) arm beside the smokestack. can anyone shed some light on this subject and if this is a random deal or if it is a prototype, or were/are all WST made with this label?

not sure if it can really be seen with my blackberry camera, but it is below the smokestack... you can see the line going parallel with the smokestack.
i'm always looking for optimus prime, nemesis prime, ultra magnus, bumblebee, megatron, starscream (allversions EXCEPT BW,BM,TM)
audionmotionink
Alternator

Post by audionmotionink »

well i looked at my WST encore prime/megatron g1 vsx that i have. it is mib (opened the box, but never actually removed the figures from the plastic or the tape that was holding them to the cardboard backer.
i noticed a stamp on the prime in my vsx set that read "t03c" with the "copywrite" logo before the t.
so i am still stumped.

just thought i would add that little bit of info.
i'm always looking for optimus prime, nemesis prime, ultra magnus, bumblebee, megatron, starscream (allversions EXCEPT BW,BM,TM)
NUCKATRON
Gestalt Team Leader

Re: question about WST

Post by NUCKATRON »

audionmotionink wrote:I have a WST pepsi prime. i was just looking at the figure itself and i see a printed message stating "not for sell" on the right (facing you) arm beside the smokestack. can anyone shed some light on this subject and if this is a random deal or if it is a prototype, or were/are all WST made with this label?

not sure if it can really be seen with my blackberry camera, but it is below the smokestack... you can see the line going parallel with the smokestack.
SorryI missed this thread, I've been out of the forums for a long time.. from what I understand, the not for sell stamp is from a Takara "WST" prototype Optimis Prime mold. Those molds somehow ended up in the hands of KO toy makers in China.
Mr. T says... "moe den meats dee eye, FOO!"

(insert transformation sound here)
NUCKATRON
Gestalt Team Leader

Re: question about WST

Post by NUCKATRON »

audionmotionink wrote:I have a WST pepsi prime. i was just looking at the figure itself and i see a printed message stating "not for sell" on the right (facing you) arm beside the smokestack. can anyone shed some light on this subject and if this is a random deal or if it is a prototype, or were/are all WST made with this label?

SorryI missed this thread, I've been out of the forums for a long time.. from what I understand, the not for sell stamp is from a Takara "WST" prototype Optimistic Prime mold. Those molds somehow ended up in the hands of KO toy makers in China.
Mr. T says... "moe den meats dee eye, FOO!"

(insert transformation sound here)