Mexican Starscream variant--Jose!

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

trance
Site Admin

Mexican Starscream variant--Jose!

Post by trance »

Jose, have you seen this one?

I just found out it's a mexican variant. Do you (or does anyone) have any more info on him? Is he supposed to have 2 smaller missiles? What's up!
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

That's what I think makes collecting interesting. I had seen the Mexican Starscream in this page before:

http://home.student.utwente.nl/j.blok-1 ... scream.htm

The navigation of that site is very poor, but this guy has very good pieces and pictures. In case you want to take a look, the home address is:

http://home.student.utwente.nl/j.blok-10/

Going back to Starscream, the one at that site has missiles - one broken, but again, just the long ones. I wouldn't be surprised that the launchers were able to shoot, since the Mexican Skywarp had a solid nosecone - which allows to deduct the safety laws didn't focus the same cocerns as American ones. Why they have chosen silver instead of white (pearl), I don't know. Maybe that's the color of a true F15?
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

my guess is it was materials available. a real f-15 is a flat, light grey. i also wonder about the sparkle blue of his hands and feet, as i don't recall seeing that on another transformer.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

That blue looks quite "Thundercracker" to me, but it could be the lighting.

I think "materials" are noticeable in quality - I have heard that these are inferior to their Japanese counterparts, and for color, the sparkling patterns suffer from the cost reduction policy, and chrome as well. No, I think colors are changed for regional reasons which have to do with what could be appealing for kids (or what they think should be appealing). The Mexican Prowl, for example (there is one in the same site), has been modified from its traditional Japanese patrol car scheme, and black and white aren't expensive colors.

I also remember in my childhood, that a friend had a Mexican Mumm-Ra (Thundercats), which was transparent. We pretend he had some kind of disguise a-la-Predator. But again, I have a feeling that this color difference has to do with local research on kids' taste.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl