Yellow Cliffjumper

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Skywarp

Yellow Cliffjumper

Post by Skywarp »

Can anyone please tell me something about the "yellow cliffjumper"? Why was he sold as yellow along with red in 1984?

Thanks!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

just a less common variant. it's worth a few bucks more than red cliff, and there's also red bumblebee variant like this. they were each packaged in the same way as their "normal" coloured counterparts.

there are both pre-rubsign and with rubsign yellow cliffies and red bumbles, so they were likely produced 1984 and 1985.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I would say that the red Bumblebee and yellow Cliffjumper are less desired versions, rather than less common. As a matter of fact, I think both versions on each, respectively, are equally rare or common.

Most of the times I see the changed colors versions a little bit cheaper than the most traditional ones. I reckon this is for the casual collectors, which just want to get a Transformers memorabilia item and feel served with the closest piece to what they know. This has a consequence of more people demanding the regular issues, and hence the values are pushed a little higher for them.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl