starscream question

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

audionmotionink
Alternator

starscream question

Post by audionmotionink »

i was just looking over my g1 starscream and noticed the staped logo which says only takara. then i was searching ebay and saw a "g1 starscream" with the same takara stamp as mine, but it had hasbro above the takara logo.
i looked at my g1 orerub skywarp and can't find a stamp whatsoever of takara, hasbro, or even a knock off manufacturer.
the wings on the skywarp are solid and do not have the reliefs cut into the sides like my ss and thundercracker.

anyone have any ideas or responces to the stamping differences on the starscream and the non stamped version of my skywarp (which i have the original box and instructions.

thanks
i'm always looking for optimus prime, nemesis prime, ultra magnus, bumblebee, megatron, starscream (allversions EXCEPT BW,BM,TM)
audionmotionink
Alternator

well after i posted this question, i decided to do a little researching of my own.
i checked out fred's variants page and discovered that the particular skywarp i have is a diaclone carryover.
the beginning shipments of tf's were actually old diaclone molds without a manufacturer stamp. after a while they decided other companies could knock off their toys and they got a manufacturer stamp molded into all of the subsequent toys.
i have the link to the particular page if anyone wants it.
i wonder if it is worth more.... considering i am contemplating selling it!
i'm always looking for optimus prime, nemesis prime, ultra magnus, bumblebee, megatron, starscream (allversions EXCEPT BW,BM,TM)
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Not specially. Actually, Skywarp is a completely "new" Transformer, as the Diaclone jets are Thundercracker and Starscream. Skywarp is one early recolor, if you want to think about it like that.

As for the date stamps, that's more about US laws. You have to put the country of origin on whatever good you make.

The first measure against knock offs were the rubsigns.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
audionmotionink
Alternator

well i was just reiterating what i had read from the site i got my information on. it was a "variants" page.... but i appreciate your reply.
Superion
Minispy

Post by Superion »

Thats some nice info guys. Got me looking at mine again :)