P/C ORIGINAL 1984 G1 DEVASTATOR BRAND NEW IN BOX

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

STEVENICON

P/C ORIGINAL 1984 G1 DEVASTATOR BRAND NEW IN BOX

Post by STEVENICON »

I don't know if there isn't any real set price guide on how much a vintage transformers toy is worth but perhaps I can get some input from you guys/gals (my fellow transformians) on how much you think this is worth.

Everything from the actual toy to the box including any stickers and manuals are C9-C10 grading. Brand new in original box and as pristine as it was back in 1984 (or as good as it will get for being a few decades old) as if you just picked up fresh from the shelf. Only removed from boxed once or twice for taking picture purposes.

Please comment with your opinion on the estimate value and thanks.

Set is complete.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I have seen Devastator giftsets around USD250, if in USA box. If the box is in excellent condition, it could go beyond that, perhaps to USD350-USD400. It depends on having the right bidders on the right minute...
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
STEVENICON

Post by STEVENICON »

Thanks for the info. I was thinking it could be 500USD+ at first but your response is greatly appreciated. This is definitely US Original Hasbro made and basically brand new condition except for the fact I mentioned earlier... Which was it was removed from the box briefly for a minute or two for picture purposes but than placed back in its original place. Everything from the toys to the box is in perfect condition, or as I mentioned it before, as best a condition as it will get for a toy of its age.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

You're welcome.

You have to know that Devastators are common, perhaps the most common of all gestalts, but they are also popular, so the prices may vary. I, for one, would keep it, as the boxes can be opened and closed again, unlike blisterpacks.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Hey, I've got a question...does your set have just 1 styrofoam tray (for the figures)? Or is there also a styrofoam tray for the weapons...you know, like Jetfire? Also, are the weapons still on the plastic runners, or have they been removed?

I highly doubt this set would go for $500...do you have a reference for this figure? I think bagales' suggestion is closer to the target. Sometimes I have people asking me how much stuff is worth, and I'm always surprised by how much some people expect for these items. One guy thought his opened Omega Supreme should be worth $2000! Several hundred bucks for toys that were mass produced in the 80s is an extremely good turn around (1000+% in 20 years, hmmmm...you can't do that in the stock market!) Remember, they're not antiques and they're not THAT rare!
STEVENICON

Post by STEVENICON »

As I was saying, $500 USD was just a ball park I was thinking of, but as I mentioned earlier, I don't know of any set value or price guide for these things... Hence the price check.

As for the styrofoam, the weapons came in bags (factory sealed) and there is only one large styrofoam for the 6 individual constructicons. As far as stickers go, they are still on the original back piece (unremoved) and the weapons are still attached to original runner plastic pieces. As I try to indicate before, the toy was never actually played with or tampered with, just removed from the box for picture purposes and placed back in.