1984 VW Beetle Transformer

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

loretta

1984 VW Beetle Transformer

Post by loretta »

I have a 1984 Volkswagen Beetle that was part of a collection of my late son's. I cannot identify the car with any transformer. I haven't tried seriously to tranform the car, since I'm not from that generation and unfamiliar with what to do. The car is in perfect condition. It is #1303S. Any information would be appreciated!
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Hi,

The figure you mention could be this one (my pictures are all gone from my account, so I'll have to start all over again.. grr), which is named Bumblebee,

This figure usually sells between USD 15 - USD 25 if in mint condition, and if it's the yellow version. The red variant sells for a little bit less.

However, you could also have a gobot, which was larger (see proportions) and called Bug Bite (sorry, no picture), and judging by the date stamp it could be this possibility. Those are way undervalued, albeit their good quality, and could sell for USD 6, without box.

I'm sorry for your son, probably he could be my age now. My advice is to keep it as a memento from him, as you can see you don't get a high profit from letting this toy go.

Cheers and merry Chrismas.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl