Alright! How did you do in 2005 and what are you after now?

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Alright! How did you do in 2005 and what are you after now?

Post by Jose »

Hi all,

I was planning to post this thread by the end of december, but I just couldn't find the time to do it. But it's better later than never ever, so here it is: How did your collection do the last year? What did you get from your want list, and what's missing yet? What the priorities - Transformers wise, I am aware that in real life we have bigger concerns! - are?

I'll show my most remarkable finds - I don't remember any year better than 2005 - again, Transformers wise!:

Apart from Megatron and Jetfire, Bumblejumper has to have been one of my most wanted and accomplished targets of 2005. This is a Brazilian isssue in white - I am aware of a blue, yellow and green versions ofthis model from Brazil; only one scratched from the list... :P

I went to get the extremes. First, I'll show this TRU Bluestreak - sorry, I don't buy the name "Silverstreak", as the oldtimer I am! -. I was very reluctanct to reissues, but this one, albeit recognized as the weakest adaptation, has good things. I just added metal foil to its face and set. The best it's the price you pay for a MIB figure - very convenient compared to a vintage Bluestreak in similar condition.

In the other side, I got this Diaclone Ironhide - pictured with a regular TF version - and I love it. I have to get the accesories, but that's a different story... And I like it the way it is by now.

And last, but not least, is this Cyclone by Gakken. It's the small one - I have already the red version and this week I'll be getting the blue one, but hey, that's already 2006.

For this year I expect to get more Autobot cars. I really hope TRU releases all of them, hence they will be more affordable, he he. Also, more former Microman figures - but I suppose a Reflector within my limits will have to wait.

So, come on. Show your most featured finds of the last year! And yes, also what are you looking for - you never know!
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Savanna RX-7 GT-X
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Savanna RX-7 GT-X »

Re-issues are dead, unless you go the Takara way now.
Jose

Post by Jose »

Savanna RX-7 GT-X wrote:Re-issues are dead, unless you go the Takara way now.
I'll take what's left then. :P There are figures that are way improbable to be re-issued (counting even those E-Hobby versions), such as Shockwave, but if I can save a few bucks for, let's say, 8 figures, sounds good to me.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I want to upload some pics on this site but something is refusing me to do so.
I don't know what is wrong but I can't get a pic to upload.
Anyway I will just say what I got last year (according to my memory)
I got

Omega Supreme 100% complete
Metroplex 80% complete
Octane 100% complete
Predacons reissue 100% complete
Terrorcons 100% complete
a small constructicon gun to make the Constructicons 100% complete
Soundwave's accessories making him 100% complete
Topspin & TwinTwist 100% complete with 1 box
Six-Shot's 2 guns making him 100% complete

I might have got more stuff but I can't remember at the moment.

And I am starting this year off on the right foot by just ordering a 100% complete Sky Lynx and I also am getting Perceptor's 3 missiles wich completes him 100%
Here is my most wanted list of things I need..

Metroplex--- Scamper's gun / Shoulder antenna / big Black Gun / 2 missiles
Jetfire------- Gun mount
Punch / Counterpunch--- 2 guns
Grimlock----- Launcher / 3 missiles / Sword
Slag-----------Launcher / 3 missiles / Sword
Snarl----------Launcher / 2 missiles / Sword
Sludge--------Launcher / 3 missiles / Sword
Swoop-------- 2 missiles / Sword
Wreck Gar-- Axe
Blaster------- Gun
Ramhorn----- 2 guns
Slugfest----- 2 guns
Overkill----- 2 guns
Scourge----- 2 guns
Reflector---- 3 Guns / 3 missiles / Telephoto lens

Then I need these figures......
Fastlane
Cloudraker
Broadside
Fortress Maximus
Pointblank
Crosshairs
Sureshot
Chromedome
Highbrow
Hardhead
Brainstorm
Ratbat
Pounce
Wingspan
Gnaw
Slugslinger
Misfire
Triggerhappy
Skullcruncher
Wierdwolf
Mindwipe
Apeface
Snapdragon
Trypticon
Scorponok

After collecting these figures, I will have Generation One complete.
I am not interested in collecting any other series.
Savanna RX-7 GT-X
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Savanna RX-7 GT-X »

Galvatron wrote:I want to upload some pics on this site but something is refusing me to do so.
Maybe because when your posting, there is no "Add Attachment" area, hence you can't upload images or files.
Jose

Post by Jose »

Galvatron wrote:I want to upload some pics on this site but something is refusing me to do so.
I don't know what is wrong but I can't get a pic to upload.
(...)
Try Photobucket then. ;) It works fine for me.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I'd tell you all what i got this last year, but you'd think i was sick. i'm not. i'm just hardcore. Galvatron, you'll have G1 through 87. not 88-90 :D
my goal this year is to polish the autobot cars. i need a couple parts from prime, a complete ratchet, jazz, and smokescreen, and...yeah.
i'd also like to wrap up US G2. a landing gear, windbreaker, eagle eye's gun, afterburner, and wind sheer? the last mini jet anyway. if i found a complete orange devastator with low hassle, i'd get it cus i'm sic....er.. hardcore like that. otherwise, it's back to polishing g1... whatever i find that i don't have. i'd really like to pick up a nice omega. but otherwise, with fort max and most of '84 out of the way, it's all downhill from here!