Money and G1 Transformers

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

ifkz
Noob

Money and G1 Transformers

Post by ifkz »

When I started collecting as an adult, five months ago, I knew I was in trouble when I found myself spending $30 for one fist for my childhood Predaking combiner. When it comes to vintage parts and figures it is seems to be very competitive. It's great finding spare parts for a figure, but prices still seem pretty insane. A few weeks ago I thought $40 was a pretty good price for most of Jetfire's red armor. I bought it, he looks good, but again...I feel slightly ripped off even though my research says I did pretty okay. Anyone else have trouble rationalizing the money?
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

That's why I buy all my g1 stuff complete and in box. It usually is cheaper for me, unless it is sealed, but that is another story...
PETER IS GOD!Image
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

if you really watch and compare the hunt is half the joy.... tho i too sometimes find myself looking at a gun for 20+ and going do i really need that :lol:

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
DrAquafresh
Targetmaster

Post by DrAquafresh »

I still do that, but thats the way I am with most things. It usually always comes out a bit cheaper to buy complete. I rarely buy now and mostly bid on auctions, especially when it comes to weapons and small accessories. I love getting a good bargain.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Vintage stuff is too steep for my collection. Reissue works perfectly well for me.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

LD2062 wrote:Vintage stuff is too steep for my collection. Reissue works perfectly well for me.
These are wise words. You have to set your collection perspectives to your budget. Perhaps, you may even look for reproduction parts.

Also, nobody is rushing you. With time, you'll realize that everything shows up again, so if you are consistent, you can put together any Transformers in the long term.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I'm not even picky about KO or incomplete for my personal ones, assuming the KO aren't that flimsy crap you get a at dollar stores.

Any time I get vintage stuff I actually sell or trade it for reissues or modern figures.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

I will admit if i find a good clearance sale on the encores i will pick them up. hence my omega skylynx ratchett iornhide jazz and screamer. my soundwave is a 25th aniversary one. other than that all the rest of my g1's are g1s lol

LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I'm pretty excited they reissued piranacon. Now if they'd do predaking.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

They are. BBTS will have a reissue soon. :D Unfortunately it is going to be a pretty penny. It is going to go for $179.99. :(

It is already up for preorder and I want to preorder it badly. I just can't justify it. Man do I want it. :cry:
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Ouch, that is steep. Oh well, used reissue for me.
threshold
Powermaster

Post by threshold »

$180! Thats a lot for a reissue.
DrAquafresh
Targetmaster

Post by DrAquafresh »

180.00 is close to what you would pay for the G1 plastic version. I have already pre ordered since its not coming till the end of the year. I figure it would be my holiday gift to myself. I wonder if PK will be all plastic or some metal, it is not described on bbts.

How do you guys feel about mp Rodimus being close to $199? Not till January 2011, but to me he looks awesome, I think he is a must have.

Do I hear a second on that?
Aye!
And against?
Nay!
The Ayes have it!
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I agree that this is something that shouldn't be passed up. Maybe since it is a little pricier they won't sell out so quickly. But, man do I need to get a car instead.

MP Rodimus at $199 is a tad high imo (at least for me). I can see the scalpers now buying them up and trying to pass them for $250 just because they can. That is a figure that would be nice to have, but I will definitely need to pass on. Besides, if I had to choose between MP Roddy or Predaking... Predaking wins.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Pass, not worth near that to me. I'll stick with the titanium version unless I find him really cheap.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

a lot of the stores now set really high prices till the product gets closer there excuse is the difference in the money exchange rates. they did that with the thundercraker and skywarp reissue pack.