RID Ruination

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

RID Ruination

Post by Optimus Maximus »

I'm thinking of picking up RID Ruination and wanted to know what you guys that have him think about him? Is he worth getting? Any problems with him? Thanks.
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Figure mold wise he is just the same as G1 Bruticus. So if you don't have Bruticus he is definitely a much cheaper substitute. And if you already have Bruticus and like him its nice to have the color variation. For a complete combiner he is cheap.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I have the snow/gray camo version of Ruination. And, if I remember correctly I got mine for about $40 compared to the enormous price the original would have went for. I really like the snow camo version. As far as I am concerned, he is my Bruticus. As LD2062 said, the two are identical, with the exception of colors and boxes.

Definitely pick him up if you can.
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Thanks for the advice guys, I have him in the mail and will soon be on my shelf. One thing I noticed when looking at a reveiw in him was that he doesnt have the stickers the G1 version had. What would you thoughts be on adding a set of Bruticus stickers from repolables? I think this would give it some detail and also hide those screw holes on the chest of the small bots.
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Reprolabels are certainly worth the investment. I haven't went that route for my Ruination, however I have for many other figures. They're great.

If you are inclined certainly do order them.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Ruination has the Decepticon logos as tampos, so it doesn't need stickers. But, you can add some just for the fun of customizing it. I think it's a nice figure and some have very good color combos.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Thanks for the heads up Jose but the stickers I plan on using are the ones missing that were on the G1 figures. Without them I think he looks a little plain.