Transformers "Generations". What's your take?

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

mickymac
Minispy

Transformers "Generations". What's your take?

Post by mickymac »

I recently picked up a generations Darkmount (Straxus) from my local department store, and while I was lamenting just how few of these recent wave releases have arrived here in Australia, it got me wondering a couple of things:

1) is everyone else on the planet as excited as I am at getting to relive my childhood experience of going into a shop and wondering if that one TF I want will be on the shelf?

And

2) What does everyone else think about the Generations line? (personally I'm very excited about jazz and tracks coming out next year. But where is wheel jack?)
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Well, the hunt doesn't excite me. If I want something I just want it. Ebay is were I go to hunt. And there I can sometimes find things for ridiculously good prices.

But I'm quite pleased with the generations line. The whole classics/universe/generations mash up has some of my favorite transformers molds of all time. From generations so far I only have thrust, but I'd sure like to get WFC optimus and bumblebee.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I am excited about Generations. I don't know if I will go with Optimus or Bumblebee. I think they are great, but I don't know if they fit w/ my current collection.

However, I am hoping to receive Darkmount (Straxus) on my Bday next week. If not I will be picking it up. :) I also want the Generations Red Alert. Think he looks pretty awesome.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

i am excited myself about this line. tho the war for cybertron figs dont really fit in the line so im going to display them on there own lol. i got the BB for that section and am pleased. found seaspray and thrust both of these molds are excellent. the only problem i had with thrust is the hover engines are detachable lol

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

Oh, I'm pumped for the line. I love the classics look, and plus- Generations Jazz looks really good. The Gen.2 inspired Laser Optimus Prime looks neat and different, and Scout Windcharger is very G1 looking. The Wreck-Gar figure looks decent and I've onlyt seen the Alt.Mode of Perceptor so far. Tracks looks ok, maybe a buy. Thunderwing looks nice, very cool head sculpt. I take it we've all seen Straxus, Skullgrin, and Red Alert, so I won't give my opinion on them. Man, I can't wait until next year. Hopefully some hit stores this year.
Last edited by Jazz on Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

I'm very excited as well. I haven't gotten any of the figures yet, but judging by the pictures I've seen of them so far, I'm convinced that I'll like them!

I also agree with mickymac: where's Wheeljack? I do hope we'll get to see him in the Generations line! :)
NUCKATRON
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by NUCKATRON »

Jazz wrote:Oh, I'm pumped for the line. I love the classics look, and plus- Generations Jazz looks really good. The Gen.2 inspired Laser Optimus Prime looks neat and different, and Scout Windcharger is very G1 looking. The Wreck-Gar figure looks decent and I've onlyt seen the Alt.Mode of Perceptor so far. Tracks looks ok, maybe a buy. Thunderwing looks nice, very cool head sculpt. I take it we've all seen Straxus, Skullgrin, and Red Alert, so I won't give my opinion on them. Man, I can't wait until next year. Hopefully some hit stores this year.
+1! I'm really. Happy about the classics look about the line too.
Mr. T says... "moe den meats dee eye, FOO!"

(insert transformation sound here)
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

Update for those who care- Some Legend size toys we'll be getting are Megatron (He turns into a gun!), Prime, Starscream, and a retooled/redecoed BB who'll be Goldbug. also, I've heard that a retooled/redecoed Universe Inferno will be "Grappel", so Grapple. Neat, I think.
mickymac
Minispy

Post by mickymac »

I've heard that too Jazz - there were even some photos floating around from about 6months ago. I'm especially keen to see a new megaton that transforms into a walther p-38 :D The new Prime and Starscream are very cool too!
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I really only like the Prime, BB, Megatron, and Soundwave. Mainly just because they resemble the WFC characters.
R.I.P. Menasor
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

Update again- (From TFW2005) The Generations line and HftD line will be packaged in the same, yellow packaging, with the new sub-name being "Transformers Reveal The Shield". I don't really mind, as long as the TF itself is good.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Has anyone seen Blurr out at stores yet? :?: He is another one I really want. That sniper rifle is a must.

I feel that Generations, Universe, & Classics give me that chance to get that G1 figure that I wouldn't normally be able to afford. And, it's great that they are reimagined into something more modern.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

i got the thrust prime bumblebee and drift. I have yet to open drift yet but the other 3 i love.

Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I have all four of the first wave. I picked up Drift and Thrust first. I then bought Prime and I was gonna leave it as that. I kept looking at Bumblebee, then I finally got him last night. He's actually fun to play with, and doesn't look bad in either mode. I think I found a spot to put his weapon in vehicle mode too..
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I've decided to pass on Drift. I think he looks great though. I just can't get myself to pick up Prime and Bumblebee. I think BB looks absolutely amazing, but I am very happy w/ classics BB. I might waiver on BB... I am not sure yet tho.

I did decide to pick up Blurr tho. Had to have that Sniper Rifle. Also, I have Dirge on order too! :)
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

my gun is stored behind the back bumper underneath lol.

mickymac
Minispy

Post by mickymac »

I've read that Transformers United, the Japanese version of the Generations line, is going to release a version of Wheeljack!! I really hope this is true, Wheeljack was my first TF ever back in 1985 and I've been really hoping that he would be released!!
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Really? That would be great! It would be even better if he turned out not to be a Japanese exclusive only!
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

So far the line in my opinion is pretty good. Just wished they didn't keep changing the name so much. Classics, Universe, Generations..... Whats next?
PETER IS GOD!Image
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

skywarp408 wrote:So far the line in my opinion is pretty good. Just wished they didn't keep changing the name so much. Classics, Universe, Generations..... Whats next?
I completely agree. Hasbro needs to slow down on the name changes.