G1 an G2 Devastator

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

G1 an G2 Devastator

Post by Optimus Maximus »

So I am picking up the yellow g2 version of devastator and was wondering if the bots and all of the accessories are compatible with g1 devastator? I will also be picking up some of the G1 version soon and just would like to know if they will work together to form a multi colored Devy.
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

They are of the same size, but the fists are different, as the G2 aren't spring loaded. I have an orange with 2 yellow figures and works.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

Thanks Jose I was hoping I could mix them up. :D
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Scrapper
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Scrapper »

As a Constructicons fan I'd like to know something more about these items...

I could buy a G2 Devastator in the future,but I have read that the plastic quality is inferior,not good, and you can see it very easily. Can you confirm it?
Also, the G2 Devastator pieces as the leg connector suffer this thing?
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Honestly I haven't noticed the plastic as "inferior" with the G2 yellow Devastator. And the combiner parts are more boring, since they don't have shooting abilities, but not more brittle in my opinion.

Maybe you are thinking of G2 Slingshot? As it has gold parts, they break very easy.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Scrapper
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Scrapper »

Thanks Jose,your knowledge of these details in TF line is always impressive :wink: !!

So plastic has a good quality ,perfect.

The fact is that I was thinking to buy G2 Constructicons too, but only if their plastic would have been at least decent .
No, if we exclude these TFs, I'm not interested into G2 toyline and I neither knew about G2 Slingshot and this weakness,oh well I've learnt another thing.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

I agree totally with Jose. Of the 4 Tf's that came across the Atlantic to Italy with me G1 and G2 Devastator were 2. They both arrived as intact as they were when we left. Going to look at plastic...Okay IF anything the g1 seems like it would be more inclined to break but that may just be an age issue.