Surprise....Surprise!

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

DrAquafresh
Targetmaster

Surprise....Surprise!

Post by DrAquafresh »

Over the weekend I purchased 5 boxes of 80's toys from a guy on craigslist who was house cleaning. Most was gi joe, some starcom, mask, and wheeled warriors, some poppy combiners and micronauts. I also received a good amount of incomplete TF figures, action masters, micro masters,headmasters and then there was this bad boy.

I had to pinch myself, stamped takara 90, so I am positive he is legit!

Now, does this white vehicle belong to him? The only vehicle I was able to find on the net looked gray but the same.

Sorry, just realized I made a new topic rather than adding to the new toy find thread.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Yes, that white robot goes with him.

His name is Dai Atlas. A Japanese exclusive. And, the little robot is a Micromaster whom I forget his name.

Great find.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Wow, great find! :D
The name of the small white car is Speeder, and here's more info on him and Dai Atlas:
http://www.tfu.info/1990/Cybertron/DaiA ... iatlas.htm
DrAquafresh
Targetmaster

Post by DrAquafresh »

Much thanks for the info! All I need now is to find the missing pieces, no luck on ebay but I am sure I will find them eventually. I only have 1 blue ramp and broken treads.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Good luck on that. He's Japan only, so IF you're lucky, you might find some of the knockoff parts... but even those are tricky to find, these days.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Try on Japan auction sites, but you have to have a fat wallet to weigh in there. On the other hand, when it comes to Japanese robots, you can find everything.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
DrAquafresh
Targetmaster

Post by DrAquafresh »

Can you recommend a jp auction site other than yahoo that might be worth looking at?
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

DrAquafresh wrote:Can you recommend a jp auction site other than yahoo that might be worth looking at?
I don't know others. But I have been using Yahoo Japan through www.japamart.com. They charge you for using it, so it's steep, but for what you can find there, it's worth it. I recommend using it only for very rare items.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
DrAquafresh
Targetmaster

Post by DrAquafresh »

Thanks for the recommendation, I am sure this will make my search a bit easier.