Sky Lynx repair?

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

threshold
Powermaster

Sky Lynx repair?

Post by threshold »

Well, I finally found a working Lynx portion and of course the person I bought this from failed to mention that both of his front legs have broken red pins. The ones that stick out to help turn his legs and make the clicking noise. So basically he has a lot of trouble walking. Anybody know what I am talking about?

I have a couple of intact legs on my non-functioning one. Can I use those for replacements? It seems the legs would come off easy but I doubt the circle mechanism for the legs would.

Any ideas?
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I took mine apart a while back because he wont walk period. You have to split the halves in order to get the pins out. Be careful to make sure all the parts go right back where they came from, because it took me forever to remember what went where since all the parts went flying when I hit the tray they were sitting on.
R.I.P. Menasor
threshold
Powermaster

Post by threshold »

Did you get yours working again?

Any pics of the repair?
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Mie didnt get working again because the terminals were completely shot. It was quite a while back so I dont have any pics left of it. I might be able to take it apart again if I can find some replacement terminals, but that might take a while.
R.I.P. Menasor
threshold
Powermaster

Post by threshold »

I got everything open. For some reason, the screws were a pain. The inside looks real intimidating. This looks challenging.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

My suggstion is to take a picture of it before you start tearing it apart. Thats a good way to remember everything's place.
R.I.P. Menasor