Reveal The Shield

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Reveal The Shield

Post by Countdown »

So I was on another TF webstore browsing the deluxe figures and I saw a new line of figures coming out in 2011 by Hasbro called, "Reveal The Shield."

Is this yet another name for Generations(classics/universe)? Or are they putting all of their toy lines (Generations, HFTD, etc) all in one series?

Has anyone else seen them?

So far for me it looks like Jazz and Tracks will be a must for me! I am sure there will be more that I have to have.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I wish they'd STOP with the new series names. Its a mess trying to find stuff on ebay. Most people don't really know what to use when listing.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

From what I can tell this looks to be a continuation of Generations. If they feel the need to change the name every 6 months, why can't they just keep the same packaging design?

It's hard to keep up with what is what.
mickymac
Minispy

Post by mickymac »

The gimmick with the "reveal the shield" line is that the packaging does not have any faction symbol on it, and to figure out if the robot is autobot or deceptitrash you need to check the heat sensitive rub symbol affixed to the robot. I'm not sure what this will achieve aside from giving people their nostalgia fix since the first wave appears to include:

Deluxe: Tracks and Jazz

Legends: Megatron (as a Walther p-38 :D), Optimus, starscream, prowl, trailcutter ( a version of trailbreakere?) and a metallic gold bumblebee!

These aree the only ones that I've seen in packaging. I've never done a pre order of TFs before, but with a lineup like that, I had to!

Also, it looks like Wheeljack will be a repaint of the Tracks mold. The line keeps getting better, but like others here, I wish they'd stuck with one name.
mickymac
Minispy

Post by mickymac »

The gimmick with the "reveal the shield" line is that the packaging does not have any faction symbol on it, and to figure out if the robot is autobot or deceptitrash you need to check the heat sensitive rub symbol affixed to the robot. I'm not sure what this will achieve aside from giving people their nostalgia fix since the first wave appears to include:

Deluxe: Tracks and Jazz

Legends: Megatron (as a Walther p-38 :D), Optimus, starscream, prowl, trailcutter ( a version of trailbreakere?) and a metallic gold bumblebee!

These aree the only ones that I've seen in packaging. I've never done a pre order of TFs before, but with a lineup like that, I had to!

Also, it looks like Wheeljack will be a repaint of the Tracks mold. The line keeps getting better, but like others here, I wish they'd stuck with one name.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Very interesting, thanks for sharing!
There seems to be a lot to look forward to, but being a Wheeljack-fan I hope they'll give him a new mold. :)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I heard that the Wheeljack was going to be a Transformers United exclusive (Takara). Hope I am wrong on that one! I hope they release it under the Reveal the Shield line so I can pick him up locally!
Wreck Gar
Targetmaster

Post by Wreck Gar »

Reaveal the Shield ey... I choose door number 3 Monty!!

I've seen the prototype for Wheeljack. it don't impress me much.
Tracks don't look that great either. Something about square chest plates just looks too..... square.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I admit they don't look completely on par w/ the g1 counterparts. I am still excited for them though. They'll look great w/ classiverse. I wasn't crazy about the changes to blur, but that grew on me quite a bit. I bet Wheeljack and Tracks grow on me too!
Wreck Gar
Targetmaster

Post by Wreck Gar »

it will grow anywhere just add water!!! CHI CHI CHI CHIA!

I'm sure they will grow on me as well. I'm a die-hard G1 collector and the Classics line is my 2nd favorite. I hope they would redo all the original G1 figures. We need a Generations G1 style Arcee for crying out loud!!
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I agree on the Arcee bit completely. I am going to pick up the Arcee on the igear store in November when she is restocked. Overpriced? Yes. But, she looks damn cool and she is a lot cheaper than finding an A.R.C. I heard that the Impossible Toys Arcee out there has a fragile feeling plastic.

Like you I collect g1, then Classics/Universe/Generations, and then Alternators/Binaltech.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Getting back on topic (after the topic burned out lol and lets not forget the shamless double post). I know these aren't due till the new year, but has anyone seen any of the RTS out in stores yet? Is anyone aware of an official release date from Hasbro?

I am really excited about them. My budget is limited and I am going to try to pick them up in stores (and not have them shipped to save on shipping). I haven't been out to a Walmart/Target/etc. for a while now and was hoping by some lucky chance the first release of them might be coming out in time for the holidays.
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

they have been seen out in florida texas and claifornia wave 1 anyway.
and I had a PM about jazz being seen and bought in alabama.

I hope they don't hit here till after christmas. I am about tapped out.
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Silverbolt wrote:I hope they don't hit here till after christmas. I am about tapped out.
Amen. But if they do...a master plan shall be created to purchase them anyways. :twisted:
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

Roadbuster wrote:
Silverbolt wrote:I hope they don't hit here till after christmas. I am about tapped out.
Amen. But if they do...a master plan shall be created to purchase them anyways. :twisted:
well it's just jazz left for me really since I caved and bought Tracks early.
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I found Tracks today at K-Mart. He's mine now. :D
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I've searched 2 different cities for these today but with no luck as of yet finding them. Maybe I'm hitting the wrong stores... :cry: ....but then again, options are limited. :roll:
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I got lucky..