Roadbusters Collection Room

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Roadbusters Collection Room

Post by Roadbuster »

This is what I have managed to humbly put together over the course of 2-3 years....starting from scratch as I gave all of my childhood toys to less fortunate friends as I grew older. Started collecting back in '07 when I happened to see Classics Prime sitting on a shelf and it slowly became an addiction from there. Hoarded what I could in between paychecks as paying the bills and keeping the wife and kids happy were/are top priority. Just recently bought a house this past summer and finally got to pull them all out of storage to finally set up some sort of display for the first time. Yay! So here they are....some are reissues, some are originals but ALL are complete except for Thrust (2 long missiles), Snarl (sword) and Swoop (sword). And those parts are on my short list.. :)

^^^ Boulder Hill and Gator
^^^ Encore Prime
^^^Marvel Comics (Transformers) #1-80 (missing 8 issues)
Signed UK issue (Simon Furman) sitting above-thanks Dirge!
^^^Transformers and G.I. Joe dvd box sets along with a 25th Cobra Rattler w/ Wild Weasel
^^^Marvel wall art, 25th: Torch, Ripper, Crimson Guard, Scarred Cobra Officer, Tomax, Xamot, Serpentor, Cobra Commander (hooded), Cobra Commander (helmet), Destro, Baroness and Storm Shadow
^^^25th: Zartan, Major Bludd, Firefly, Buzzer, Ninja Ku Storm Shadow and a camouflage version of Storm Shadow
^^^25th: Croc Master, Cobra Enemies x3, Crimson Guards x2 and Snow Serpent
^^^G1: Mirage, Hound, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, Snarl, Slag. TRU: Silverstreak, Smokescreen and Jazz.
^^^G1: Swoop, Sludge, Grimlock, Trailbreaker, Ratchet. TRU: Red Alert, Sideswipe and Prowl.
^^^G1: Inferno, Blaster, Eject, Rewind. TRU: Tracks
^^^G1 MIB Metroplex (thanks Matt :wink: )
^^^25th: Duke, Gen. Hawk, Flint, Sgt. Stalker and Snake Eyes w/ Timber
^^^25th: Roadblock, Spirit w/Freedom, Gung Ho, Beachhead, Shipwreck w/Polly, Scarlet and Lady Jaye. Universe: Cyclonus. Reissue: Ravage/Rumble
^^^25th: Torpedo, Snow Job, Bazooka, Mutt w/Junkyard, Barbecue, Rock n' Roll and Blowtorch. G1: MIB Grapple (thanks Dirge) MIB Macross Jetfire, Omega Supreme and Perceptor. Monopoly Transformers.
^^^25th: Wild Bill and SDCC 2010 Sgt. Slaughter (TTT variant). Crossovers: Darth Vader
^^^Transformers wall art
^^^Top Shelf= 25th: TRU Crimson Guard 5 packs (x2). MASK: Rhino and Switchblade. G1: Reflector, Shrapnel, Bombshell, Kickback, Whirl and Roadbuster. Encore: Megatron. TRU: Soundwave w/Ravage & Laserbeak (G1 Frenzy and Buzzsaw are also inside).
^^^Lower Shelf= Classics: Prime, Megatron and Starscream. G1: Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust, Astrotrain and Blitzwing. TRU: Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp. E-hobby: Sunstorm. Encore: Ironhide. Movie: Bumblebee and Barricade.
^^^Top Shelf= TRU: Hoist and Skids. G1: Octane. Universe: Springer (thanks Galvatron) 25th: Hiss Tank w/Hiss Commander, Mail Away Doc, Ram Cycle w/Breaker, Cobra Flight Pod w/Tele-Viper
^^^Middle Shelf= MASK: MIB Condor, MIB Thunderhawk and Jackhammer. 25th: AWE Striker w/Leatherneck and Sharc Tooth w/Deep Six. ROTF: Bludgeon.
^^^Bottom Shelf=25th: Firebat Jet w/AVAC, Cobra Fang w/Cobra Viper and Cobra Claw w/Cobra Pilot. Encore 17: Steeljaw, Ramhorn, Ratbat and Slugfest.
^^^G1: Shockwave, Defensor, Superion, Predaking, Bruticus, Menasor, Devastator, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Brawn, Windcharger, Huffer, Gears, Powerglide, Warpath, Cosmos, Beachcomber and Seaspray. G1 Sticker Book (unused).
^^^Vintage Cobra Terror Drome + Firebat. 25th: Baroness (black), Scrap Iron, Dr. Mindbender, Copperhead, Cobra Enemies (x15), Cobra Air Troopers (x2) and Cobra Bazooka Trooper.
^^^Vintage G.I. Joe HQ'ers. Vintage: Mercer, Taurus and Red Bull. 25th: Alpine, Recondo, Dusty, Quick Kick, Cutter, Zap and Hard Master. 25th Cobra Enemies (x3) in prison. :twisted:
^^^Where I keep all my G1 accessories
^^^What I use to guard my G1's :twisted:

Now some far away shots of the room from both doorways....
audionmotionink
Alternator

Post by audionmotionink »

ilove your collection. you have amassed a huge amount in such a short time. my personal tf collection protection consists of 2 pure german akc rottweilers and a glock .40!

i want the omega supreme! fyi!
i'm always looking for optimus prime, nemesis prime, ultra magnus, bumblebee, megatron, starscream (allversions EXCEPT BW,BM,TM)
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

nice *picks up full drool bucket*

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

very impressive. But you gotta open that Universe Cyclonus on your wall. Trust me, you won't regret it. It's one of the best figures from the Classics line!!
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

[envy]

[envies formerly-known-as-Skywarp]

[somewhat envies less fortunate friends of alternately-known-as-Skyfire]

Good stuff; good job collecting. Dunno why you bothered with all the Joes, though; could've bought TFs instead. ;-)

Where'd you get the TF poster? and what reissue of Soundwave came in that box, with the folded picture of Soundwave that's taller than the box?

Do you think would-be thieves would be more intimidated if you slapped a Decepticon emblem on the gun?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Very impressive collections, Roadbuster! :D
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

Very cool set-up and collection!
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

audionmotionink wrote:ilove your collection. you have amassed a huge amount in such a short time. my personal tf collection protection consists of 2 pure german akc rottweilers and a glock .40!

i want the omega supreme! fyi!
I have 2 pit bulls myself guarding the fort. :twisted: and I love my .40 cal...shoots straight with hardly no recoil. The Omega Supreme I got from our good friend Dirge in a trade...I've been hunting eons it seems for a box for him. :cry:
Galvatron wrote:very impressive. But you gotta open that Universe Cyclonus on your wall. Trust me, you won't regret it. It's one of the best figures from the Classics line!!
I've been tempted to many times Galvy....but I think I'll leave him be where he's at for now.
STARS Commando 539 wrote:Good stuff; good job collecting. Dunno why you bothered with all the Joes, though; could've bought TFs instead. ;-)

Where'd you get the TF poster? and what reissue of Soundwave came in that box, with the folded picture of Soundwave that's taller than the box?

Do you think would-be thieves would be more intimidated if you slapped a Decepticon emblem on the gun?
G.I. Joe is a hell of a lot cheaper to collect (piece by piece probably not collectively). Besides my nostalgic passion for those run just as deep as my passion for G1 Transformers does.

Got the TF poster off Ebay (same w/ G.I. Joe). Found the Marvel one in a local store. I want to get the Optimus and Megatron wall statues next for my "wall art" section of the room. And that's a TRU reissue Soundwave that comes with Ravage and Laserbeak.

Probably not. They'd just laugh at me until I really shot them. :lol:

Thanks everyone else for your kind replies. :wink: It's still a work in progress or an addiction I continue to feed...however you want to look at it. But this is an accumulation over a 2 year period and hopefully 2 more years down the road I can expand it even further.
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

What make of pistol is that?

It looks kind of like a Sig Sauer to me, but I'm not sure.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

The Last Autobot wrote:What make of pistol is that?

It looks kind of like a Sig Sauer to me, but I'm not sure.
Smith and Wesson .40 cal.. I almost went with a Glock 9mm but in retrospect I'm glad I didn't. This ones weight is evenly balanced and fits well in my big mitts... :lol:
Dai Atlas
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Dai Atlas »

I love your setup bud! It's like a toy museum.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
-John Lennon
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Roadbuster wrote: I've been tempted to many times Galvy....but I think I'll leave him be where he's at for now.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That's it!!! I am packing my trunk, getting on the next plain and will travel to your secret hideout and OPEN Cyclonus my self!!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Dai Atlas wrote:I love your setup bud! It's like a toy museum.
Thanks 'bro. I don't think it's reached museum status yet but Ill keep trying.. :lol:
Galvatron wrote:
Roadbuster wrote: I've been tempted to many times Galvy....but I think I'll leave him be where he's at for now.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That's it!!! I am packing my trunk, getting on the next plain and will travel to your secret hideout and OPEN Cyclonus my self!!
I need to pick up a MOSC Universe Galvatron to hang beside him...your sig has just reminded me of that. The few times I've found one on Ebay for a decent price I kept on browsing until I ended up purchasing something else instead. :roll:
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Maybe you can get this 3pack when it goes on sale.
Although, I already have the original "classics" version of these 3, I'm going to get that set as well. I don't really like what they did to Hot Rod's windshield, and I really don't care for all the white they put on me. But I do look good in bot mode. Cyclonus has a better color scheme than his original "classics" release.

for some reason I cannot post a pic here. So here is the linky
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_J3l52VLSGiU/T ... odimus.jpg

And buy the way Roadbuster! Don't even think about hanging me out to dry next to Cyclonus!!! I am on a plane right now to your location.
But... I forgot where you are.
Is it Arizona or Arkansas? Or maybe it was Alaska or Atlanta.

Anyway could you pick me up at your airport?
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

That 3 pack is already on sale but not in my area. :cry: I do plan on going picking up a Classics Hot Rod one day and yeah, he'll be hanging "out to dry" too. :lol: It's Arkansas and yeah, catch a flight into Little Rock and I'll be there to swoop you up. :wink:
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I have some "Earthly" family down there. Is there any good jobs hiring there?
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

From time-to-time yes..but I guess that all depends on what you consider a "good" job. I know things are generally cheaper here when based on the national average (such as rent, gas, exc...) and our unemployment rate has always been way lower than most other states. Not the entertainment mecha of the world by any means...you'll definately have to travel to enjoy meaningful recreation.
Last edited by Roadbuster on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Oregon is rated one of the highest in Unemployment and homeless.
Everywhere I go, I see homeless people on the corner. It's really sad when I see them on my way to buy a new TF. I don't offer them any money because I don't know what they will spend it on. Mostly booze or drugs. But if I have any extra food or a cig, I usually offer it to them.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

You're a good person, Galvatron.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Sideways wrote:You're a good person, Galvatron.
SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Don't tell anybody! I got a reputation to keep!!

*kicks Sideways in the tailpipe to boost reputation* :twisted: