How much have you spent on TFs? ESTIMATE!

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

How much have you spent on TFs? ESTIMATE!

Post by Optimus Maximus »

So I have been collecting TFs for just over 1 year now. I have a total of 110 at the moment and have spent a total without shipping cost $2,356. Im curious to know what other spend on their collection. If you want, post an estimated total of how much you spent on your collection and a total of how many are in the collection. I know my total will be easily topped but I was surprised with what I have spent in a year or so. :shock: It would also be cool to know what you most expensive one is. Mine is 20th Anni. Masterpiece Prime at $110 followed by G2 Prime complete in box which was $100.
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

For me, I've had alot of great deals, plus I have a few vintage stores so no shipping, so im gonna guess about 1500 total for the 300+ figures that I have and thats just my G1 line.
R.I.P. Menasor
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Damn...I have no idea. :? I've spent close to $1,000 on just G1 Gestalts alone. I try not to keep up or keep a sales record handy just in case the wife might find it.... :lol:
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

Roadbuster wrote:Damn...I have no idea. :? I've spent close to $1,000 on just G1 Gestalts alone. I try not to keep up or keep a sales record handy just in case the wife might find it.... :lol:
If you ever have a fire or some other mishap you may regret not having a list with receipts and maybe even some photos. At least keep records for this purpose. I keep al my receipts in my FIREPROOF safe.
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

My homeowners insurance would cover it (I hope). I have over $90,000 worth of coverage for just the stuff inside my house another $180,000+ on the home itself. But yeah, I need to have it appraised as I'm sure it's worth far more than what I've paid for it.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

This is a scary topic. I bet many a fight has broken out over this. Sure is a good thing that the girlfriend doesn't use this forum. These are only estimates. May be up or down.

Furniture: $550.

Lets see.... Lets start with furniture and display pieces (furniture and stuff specifically designed to house or display my figures. Ordering another cabinet in the next month so I might as well tack on another $180 on top of that estimate.

Now figures:

G1: maybe $2500 to 3000. That might be a little high, but every time I try to wrap my head around it - that is where I end up.

ROTF/Movie: $400ish

Classics/Universe/Generations: $650

Alternators/Binaltech: $400

Misc figures: $500ish

-------------------------------

Grand total is approximately $5180
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

~23 years without pause. Everything from g2-now: MSRP (whatever that totals to)
G1: I have no idea. Matt would have a good idea of the better part of my SPENDING, but I had a substantial collection BEFORE I found TFL that was purchased for dirt-cheap. IE, I got my Metroplex for free from one of my Mom's friends when her sons got rid of their toys, and I think I paid all of $60 for my complete Sixshot at botcon '96.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

i have no clue ... its probably scary

DKprime and i spent a total of £1200 GBP at this years auto assembly
then ive boughted MP nemesis prime and UM and skywarp ( takara )

plus a load of G1s

probably a total of £5000 - £6000 GBP over the year
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

Im guessing bout $3000 but I have also sold most of my movie line so that would bring me down a bit too

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

ugh i dont want to know lol i could have probually bought a nice car/truck. paid a nice down payment on a house.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520