Question about Jumpstarters

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Question about Jumpstarters

Post by Optimus Maximus »

I been wondering for a while now what those little switches on the back of their heads are for. Does anyone know? I took one apart to clean him and I see no reason for it.
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Red Hope
Targetmaster

Re: Question about Jumpstarters

Post by Red Hope »

Optimus Maximus wrote:I been wondering for a while now what those little switches on the back of their heads are for. Does anyone know? I took one apart to clean him and I see no reason for it.
Yes!

"The rocking triangle piece on the back of the head is a balance adjuster. If your Jumpstarters won't stand upright when they spring up, shifting this pieces just so should solve the problem."

-Preto,Tony. Transformers Field Guide. Antarctic Press. San Antonio, TX. 2001. Page 059.

Cries and screams are music to my ears.
-Soundwave
Red Hope
Targetmaster

Post by Red Hope »

I love Twin Twist myself. I've played with a Twin Twist all my childhood, and he's still with me. I just purchased a super mint version of him. I never knew how great he could look 'til I got this mint! lol

-Soundwave
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Hmmm....will keep all this in mind when I finally snag me a Twintwist and Topspin. Those Jumpstarters as well as the Omnibots are on my short list...a bit undecided on the Deluxe Insecticons, though. :?
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

Red Hope wrote:
Optimus Maximus wrote:I been wondering for a while now what those little switches on the back of their heads are for. Does anyone know? I took one apart to clean him and I see no reason for it.
Yes!

"The rocking triangle piece on the back of the head is a balance adjuster. If your Jumpstarters won't stand upright when they spring up, shifting this pieces just so should solve the problem."

-Preto,Tony. Transformers Field Guide. Antarctic Press. San Antonio, TX. 2001. Page 059.
Is this for real? I still dont see how this would work. :roll:
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Red Hope
Targetmaster

Post by Red Hope »

Optimus Maximus wrote: Is this for real? I still dont see how this would work. :roll:
It's for real! Do you have a Jumpstarter to try it? I have done it. If you set the triangle from one extreme to the other then you can see how much it affects it. Kinda neat for back in the 80s - somebody put some thought into that one!

-Soundwave
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I watched their "Diaclone" pre-TF commercial on youtube (in japanese of course), and it looks like the kids are playing a game trying to get them to transform and stand in a bullseye on the table. The amount of fail was highly amusing.